Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

If there ever was a perfect wedding...

...then I had it! No major mishaps...even the weather listened to me! There was a nasty thunderstorm that passed through about 20 minutes before taking pictures and 2 hours before the ceremony. One bridesmaid and one groomsman were pretty selfish but in the end they pulled it together. Our guests had a blast and so did we! Except for only having 5 minutes to eat because it took the whole meal to greet guests I can't complain. 

A "quick" overview: our wedding took place at Toftrees Golf Resort and Conference Center in State College, PA. We meet at Penn State almost 8 years ago and couldn't think of another place to have our wedding. My colors were black, white and magenta and the "theme" was simple elegance. I had an ivory dress with magenta shoes and the girls wore black dresses with magenta shoes. Flowers were multiple varieties in magenta (star gazer lilies, gerbera, roses). We decided to bring the wow factor in through food and entertainment. We had a reggae cover band for the ceremony and cocktail hour. I'm Jamaican and my husband I used to listen to them when we were in school. We had 4 menu selections which included jerk chicken. We went with and independent baker so our red velvet wedding cake was beyond moist. We had open bar the entire reception and stocked Red Stripe beer in addition to several other selections. Since we had 12 kids (30 were invited0 we hired babysitters. At first the parents weren't so sure but it was a huge success! A close friend DJ-ed and he rocked it! A few people would dance through dinner. But EVERYONE danced the night away after!

It was everything we pictured and I'm so happy to be married! Below you'll find the link to my facebook album for pictures.

Re: If there ever was a perfect wedding...

• I'm glad your wedding went well! The pictures are beautiful and I love your dress! Congratulations!!
    Anniversary
  • Very pretty!
  • Congratulations :) Hold on and cherish your memories :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • congrats! I'm getting married in state college too, though my reception is at the atherton hotel. Who was your cake and flower vendors?
  • What beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The pictures are beautiful and I love your dress! Congratulations!!

For more information you can come

http://wholesales-wedding-dresses.com/

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_there-ever-perfect-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:9c3dd701-3d5f-47b8-8366-2847ce835647Post:127e9fa3-d661-4661-8443-f7690da6174e">If there ever was a perfect wedding...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Except for only having 5 minutes to eat because it took the whole meal to greet guests[/QUOTE]

That's why we greeted AFTER eating : /> I told my husband I wasn't going ANYWHERE without at least one plate of food in me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards