Chit Chat

My weird recurrent wedding dream

So I started a thread a while back about strange wedding-related dreams, but I keep on having this one dream over and over again (at least 5-6 times total, and 3 times in the past week) and it gets weirder and weirder every time.

So the dream involves me going to the seamstress to pick up my wedding dress and finding that they have dyed it some strange color. Several times it was dyed bright pink. But last night I dreamt that they had dyed it black. They said "oh, we thought you said this dress was for a funeral". And I was screaming at them "who the hell would buy a white lace dress for a funeral?!? Isn't it obvious that it's a wedding dress?!?" So then I had to go buy something off the rack 3 days before my wedding and when I went to the dress store all the dresses there were black too!

Well the good news is that I actually DID go to the seamstress today, and my dress is still white, and it fits perfectly and I'm taking it home with me today and wearing it on Saturday! So maybe now the dreams will stop.

Re: My weird recurrent wedding dream

• So I started a thread a while back about strange wedding-related dreams, but I keep on having this one dream over and over again (at least 5-6 times total, and 3 times in the past week) and it gets weirder and weirder every time.

So the dream involves me going to the seamstress to pick up my wedding dress and finding that they have dyed it some strange color. Several times it was dyed bright pink. But last night I dreamt that they had dyed it black. They said "oh, we thought you said this dress was for a funeral". And I was screaming at them "who the hell would buy a white lace dress for a funeral?!? Isn't it obvious that it's a wedding dress?!?" So then I had to go buy something off the rack 3 days before my wedding and when I went to the dress store all the dresses there were black too!

Well the good news is that I actually DID go to the seamstress today, and my dress is still white, and it fits perfectly and I'm taking it home with me today and wearing it on Saturday! So maybe now the dreams will stop.
    Pictures or it didn't happen ;) 

I don't know if you buy into the whole symbolism in dreams thing, but I googled what black might represent cuz sometimes I find that stuff interesting. One source said this: 
    black symbolizes the unknown, the unconscious, danger, mystery.... The color invites you to delve deeper in your unconscious in order to gain a better understanding of yourself... More positively, black represents potential and possibilities. It is like a clean or blank slate.
  • Seconded. I want pictures!

• Patience, ladies, and perhaps you will be rewarded! I did a super-quick fitting this morning but I'll grab it on my way home.

I like the positive spin on my black lace wedding dress representing potential and possibilities. I'll stick with that. It's better than the image of me screaming at the seamstress that I really was going to a wedding and not a funeral...
  • Funny that you posted this yesterday and last night I had a crazy wedding dream (we are 8 months out). My dress has a 6 month turn around time on it and the one I tried on was white, I ordered the champagne and ivory because I'm not a white dress kind of person. In my dream it was my wedding day and my dress basically looked like something out of Peter Pan, complete with crazy colors and a HUGE thick brown leather belt instead of the satin beaded one. Cool dress honestly but I was thinking "how does it look so different from the white one I tried on?" then I was struggling to finish my makeup and I forgot my foundation, couldn't find my lashes or my eyeliner. We were also staying about an hour drive from the venue and FI turned the wrong direction taking us 2hrs out of the way (FI also didn't want to see me before the wedding so he made me sit in the back).

I think I'll take your black dress over that hot mess! And I agree with PICTURES! I am dying to see my dress so I'm living through everyone who has already received theirs! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've had a few dreams about my wedding. Both of them were kind of dramatic. My actual dress is cocktail length and more fitted. {not tight fitting}
    In both dreams I had a big dress. One was strapless {not my thing} corset top with a huge poofy skirt.
    Another one was similar. Both poofy.

I like the symbolism to your dress :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards