Knottie Tech Help

Updated TOS Rumors

12346»

Re: Updated TOS Rumors

• KahlylaKahlyla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    I have nothing to contribute that hasn't already been covered except for this:

I have seen the picture of the cannoli and ice cream that received a warning.
    Yes, it was a phallic looking cannolo. 
    This is not the picture. I'm not posting a picture that received a warning. But it is really close. Like, fraternal twins close.

If this picture is offensive enough to receive an obscenity warning, then
    A: Michelle Duggar is currently moderating the boards.
    B: the person who issued the warning is far too sensitive to be on the internet.
    C: it was a deliberate misuse of a poorly defined policy, used to target a specific member. 

I think we can eliminate option A. 

(Also, cannoli is the food of Gods. There is really no need for ice cream. That's overkill. )
    Yes, this. This and the Louis CK video - I do not get.

Also, I FLOVE your proper use of the Italian singular. /nerdgasm
  • Hi all,

We apologize for not responding to each of your comments individually. We've been gathering together all of your comments, complaints and questions, trying to determine the best way to make sure each of you get the answers you're requesting. 

What we've decided to do is starting Monday there will be a few threads with specific topics on this board, they will be in regards to the TOS/Guidelines Clarifications, Moderator Clarifications and The Knot's Role in Community. We may add or combine one or two of those, but we believe after reading through everything those are the main points of discussion. We will take everything that has been posted here so far, and answer your questions as well as try to provide examples in order to create as much clarity as possible.

I'm sure many of you still have many more questions, so please feel free to leave them in this thread so over the next few days we're able to write up as much explanation, clarifications and examples as we can.

Thank you again for your patience. 
  • Being on Pacific Time or AZ time sucks on occasion. I know a lot of my TV shows are spoiled because of it! There isn't much that can be done but move!

Boxes

Personally, I love being MST.  We get our shows here at 9pm, but I can watch them on time shift starting at 6, so I can get to bed earlier.  I'll stop thread jacking now.  

• Being on Pacific Time or AZ time sucks on occasion. I know a lot of my TV shows are spoiled because of it! There isn't much that can be done but move!

Boxes

Personally, I love being MST.  We get our shows here at 9pm, but I can watch them on time shift starting at 6, so I can get to bed earlier.  I'll stop thread jacking now.  

I generally love AZ time. There are times when it pisses me off, though. Like I said, TV spoilers. And dealing with certain businesses based on the EC. I'm going to be sad to leave it, but at least i'll be in CT, which isn't too bad :)

Um. . . DVR?

I often have to call scientific companies for tech support that have West Coast HQs at 9am or earlier east Coast time.  They employ staff to cover typical business hours for ALL time zones.  So even if no one in the state of Cali is awake at 9am EST, someone else is and can answer my question.

No moving necessary, just common sense in business practices.

I know a wedding website isn't as important as sites supporting cancer research, but XO could have staff around to handle issues after 5pm EST if they wanted to.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• How would DVR solve spoilers???

Seriously- I was not suggesting that people actually move. It was sarcastic. Believe it or not, I have a sense of humor ;)

• How would DVR solve spoilers??? Seriously- I was not suggesting that people actually move. It was sarcastic. Believe it or not, I have a sense of humor ;)
    Nothing saves you from spoilers except staying off of the internet and telling your friends to keep their mouths shut, sadly.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• How would DVR solve spoilers??? Seriously- I was not suggesting that people actually move. It was sarcastic. Believe it or not, I have a sense of humor ;)
    Nothing saves you from spoilers except staying off of the internet and telling your friends to keep their mouths shut, sadly.
    Staying off of Twitter too, I get more spoilers from there than the internet the day/night of the show.
  • Hi all,

To make sure all of your questions are getting answered in an organized fashion we are closing this thread. Please take a look at this thread http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1058950/tos-clarifications#latest for answers to any questions from this thread.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards