New Jersey

Hair & Makeup Recommendations please!!

Looking for recommendations to have hair and makeup artists for myself, 6 BMs and 1 JM to come to a home in Monmouth County (Central NJ). We would need to be ready by Noon (the latest) on a Saturday, so the more artists staffed, the better! I have no problem with them being two separate companies. Also - how far in advance do you suggest booking as my wedding is June 2016. Thanks Knotties!

Re: Hair & Makeup Recommendations please!!

• I used Melissa for my wedding this past month and her and her staff were amazing

Book in as far in advance as you can. They book up quick especially the time of year you are getting married!! 
  • Great, thank you @spingal35 !!
  • I used Lush Bridal out of Milltown, NJ, they will travel to you as well.  I  love how my hair and make up came out the day of the wedding.  I booked in March for a June wedding, it was later than I wanted to book but I still have plenty of choices.

Anniversary

• Looking for recommendations to have hair and makeup artists for myself, 6 BMs and 1 JM to come to a home in Monmouth County (Central NJ). We would need to be ready by Noon (the latest) on a Saturday, so the more artists staffed, the better! I have no problem with them being two separate companies. Also - how far in advance do you suggest booking as my wedding is June 2016. Thanks Knotties!

If you find someone, schedule your trial.  If you like it, book them!  I found that good MUAs and stylists booked up quickly.  Most won't add you to your calendar unless you leave a deposit.  And I didn't want to leave a deposit unless I had a trial and knew I was using that person.
  • Thanks ladies! Also - Does anyone have any input on the amount of hair/makeup artists that I would need? I'm so terribly nervous that we won't be ready in time, since I'm having a 1p ceremony (no one judgement please as it is the time set by the church and out of my control).  I'm finding that most makeup artists I'm loving are by themselves and similar situation with hair stylists.. Thoughts? Wondering if it might be worth it to get the hair done at a salon and have a makeup artist come in..
  • You'll have plently of time. I have been freaking out lately for the same reaso but my ceremony is at 11:30am! I contacted a few places and the start time should be around 7-7:30am for everyone to be ready by 9:30am. I have 6 people getting hair and makeup done so all the places I've spoken to recommend getting 2 extra people for a total of 3 people working at the same time. I haven't gone for my trials yet or narrowed it down to which place I'm using so I can't really recommend any but you should be perfectly fine in terms of timing. 
  • Thank you so much @chrissyf729 - that calms my nerves!! I will definitely make sure I get a total of 3 people as well.
  • Make sure they will provide the extra people. My vendor has 1 hair and 1 makeup person per 6 people...so we are starting at 6:30am to be ready by 11:30am for pictures at the park at noon. Not everyone will let you choose the number of stylists because it costs them more to have them there then it does to just have an earlier start time. We are having them come to the hotel where we are getting ready, so if you are going to the salon it will be less of an issue.
  • My Makeup Artist Victoria! Can't say enough great things about her!

They are FAST, have great rates, and make you look superrrrrr beautiful.  Vicky is a gem to work with. I highly recommend her! But she books way out in advance so it doesn't hurt to send an inquiry!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards