Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Questions for the Married Ladies

My wedding ceremony starts at 1:30 and will be over by about 2:30. But our reception does not start until 5, and we will not show up until 5:30. did anyone else have that long between their reception and ceremony? and what did you do during this time?

Re: Questions for the Married Ladies

• I went to a wedding that had this gap. they threw a little "cookout" at the parents house or the guests could hang around the local town (We went shopping).
  • amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2011

Grab a bite to eat or take some pictures with the wedding party.

Edited for clarification:  I'm not saying a large meal, but normally after the ceremony is when you are able to relax a bit and most brides forget to eat or are too nervous before.

• I'm a little confused whether you're asking what you (the bride/bridal party) should do or what the guests should do. Hopefully the reason you have your guests killing time for 3 hours on their own is that you have photos or special time with your family/bridal party planned. Guests aren't big fans of killing time in fancy clothes between events, myself included. It happens, I'm just saying I hope you make good use of this time if you're having a whole lot of people wait for you. I like the cookout idea for guests- I went to a wedding with time between events and we ended up just congregating at someone's house and visiting for the time.

Anniversary
  • it is the whole catholic church wedding and the reception hall would not let us have it any earlier than 5pm. It is not my choice to have the wedding in the catholic church but it is my moms and so we are doing it. Every wedding I have been to has had a gap between the ceremony and the reception.
  • You know what? It will be ok. I kind of like a gap between a wedding and the reception because then I can go take a nap and freshen up before the reception so I can dance the night away!!! 
  • a gap is fine! :)

could you have appetizers/light refreshments being served from 4:30 until you arrive at 5:30?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards