Chit Chat

Confessions

2»

Re: Confessions

• anjemonanjemon member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm planning leave work around 3:00 today without mentioning it to my boss (yet). I worked an extra hour yesterday and am not taking a lunch, so I'm not missing any work time. She probably won't care, but I still feel a little guilty about not getting it approved. I can't decide if this is something I should mention or if it's just bothering her to bring stuff like this up. My last job was so hours focused that I'm unsure how real jobs should behave.

After I leave work I'm stopping at Burger King for lunch. It's terrible. But I want it.

• yogapants said:

No. It's a list that is kept on the Waiting board and is updated every 2(?) weeks of WB users who are waiting for a proposal. Some of these people are on the "Waiting List" for years.

I was wondering if I understood it right.

Honestly, unless you're assisting someone else with a wedding, why be on a wedding board before you're engaged? Not trying to sound snarky. I've been told I'm unusually unromantic because until I realized I wanted to spend the rest of my life with my FI, I've never contemplated having a wedding. I didn't dream about my wedding day when I was a little girl, etc. So I honestly don't get the whole "waiting for a proposal" thing.

Actually, here's my confession for today: Since my FI proposed I have transformed into a complete romantic sap. I watched 50 First Dates the other day and became a mess. It's kind of funny, but very unexpected.

Well, I'm not engaged. I started lurking in the fall when my best friend, who'd been engaged for over a year, said they were actually going to Do The Thing. I had never been a bridesmaid before but she was planning to use TK for a wedding website. I found the forums and really enjoyed the community (and the snark) on CC. I don't read Favors or Ceremony Ideas because those boards don't interest me. I'm like you - the most thought I ever gave a wedding/marriage was "eh, courthouse sounds fine, more money to spend on a badass honeymoon". But a lot of the content on CC is just general life stuff. I'm certainly not pretending to be engaged - I've said before that I don't post much because I'm NOT engaged/married.
  • yogapants said:
    No. It's a list that is kept on the Waiting board and is updated every 2(?) weeks of WB users who are waiting for a proposal. Some of these people are on the "Waiting List" for years.

Honestly, unless you're assisting someone else with a wedding, why be on a wedding board before you're engaged? Not trying to sound snarky. I've been told I'm unusually unromantic because until I realized I wanted to spend the rest of my life with my FI, I've never contemplated having a wedding. I didn't dream about my wedding day when I was a little girl, etc. So I honestly don't get the whole "waiting for a proposal" thing.

Actually, here's my confession for today: Since my FI proposed I have transformed into a complete romantic sap. I watched 50 First Dates the other day and became a mess. It's kind of funny, but very unexpected.
    You are not alone.  I am/was the same way.  I think the NEY board is straight up weird, and so are the Pinterest boards you see if girls who aren't even in a relationship planning their dream wedding (don't get me started on how unrealistic it all is too) I never thought of what my "dream wedding" would be except very occasionally.  But now, good lord, I cry at all kinds of stuff.  I was on Spotify the other night researching wedding bluegrass music to use for pre-ceremony and man I was a mess.  At instrumentals. 
    Let me know if you come across interesting songs please!
  • julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    yogapants said:

You are not alone.  I am/was the same way.  I think the NEY board is straight up weird, and so are the Pinterest boards you see if girls who aren't even in a relationship planning their dream wedding (don't get me started on how unrealistic it all is too) I never thought of what my "dream wedding" would be except very occasionally.  But now, good lord, I cry at all kinds of stuff.  I was on Spotify the other night researching wedding bluegrass music to use for pre-ceremony and man I was a mess.  At instrumentals. 
    Let me know if you come across interesting songs please!
    Will do!  What I did on Spotify was just search "wedding bluegrass" and a bunch of stuff came up.  If you search "Pickin' On Series" there TONS of bluegrass covers of contemporary songs.  The one that got me going was in "Hitched: The Country Wedding Collection" was the bluegrass version of the traditional wedding march.  I have no desire to use that song in my wedding but on came the waterworks.  The "Bless the Broken Road" cover also got me too.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Also just started listening to the "Bless The Broken Road" one here again at work and started up again.  Had to turn it off LOL
    Married 9.12.15
  • My confession? I'm judging my best friend's husband hard core for his taste in rings. Why?

Well, they'd been a couple for a very long time, long enough for my friend to snark on the guy's sister-in-law's wedding set. Long enough for them to spend 2-3 years alone talking about getting engaged, looking at rings, but him never actually pulling the trigger and proposing to her. 
    After all this damn time, he gets her a wedding set that looks exactly like his sister-in-law's. WTF? I'm not talking like, many women have princess cut solitaires and many have halo settings. No, I swear to you, it's the exact same damn wedding set. 

I don't get why he'd do that. And knowing how much my friend snarked on SIL's set (for being needlessly over the top given personal styles), I wonder how much she really likes hers. I will never dare say this to her. So hence, a confession here. Whew. 

• I wonder how much she really likes hers.
    I feel like this all the time. My bestie is a firm believer in letting the man pick out whichever ring he so chooses, with no input at all from the future fiancee and I just can't. I had to literally hand pick my own ring because I didn't want to hate it even in the slightest. It's not exactly a minor purchase and I'd hate to tell him his taste sucks.
  • I wonder how much she really likes hers.
    I feel like this all the time. My bestie is a firm believer in letting the man pick out whichever ring he so chooses, with no input at all from the future fiancee and I just can't. I had to literally hand pick my own ring because I didn't want to hate it even in the slightest. It's not exactly a minor purchase and I'd hate to tell him his taste sucks.
    Same here. I did pick out my ring but I didn't ask to; DH just said we'd shop together so he could ensure I got what I wanted. I just can't believe my friend did spend so much time actually shopping with her now-husband; he wasn't taking a shot in the dark here. He took her input but ultimately purchased something on his own. 

• yogapants said:

I'll bite. Why? Since you very obviously have no idea what the NEY board is all about if you think it's a psuedo-Pinterest board of BSC girls planning their fake weddings.

I didn't say it was that, sorry if it was not written well.  I do not consider the folks on the NEY the same as the Pinterest girls planning their fake weddings.  I just think it's odd to be on a wedding website before you're engaged, that's all.  And, right when I got engaged and found the forums, I did read some of the posts there.  It seems like a nice community for those that participate there, so I'll give it that. 

Married 9.12.15
  • cu97tiger said:
    julieanne912  - Yeah, the idea of the NEY board is side-eye worthy... but in actuality, it saved a whole lot of us from going BSC. From the time we first looked at rings until my DH proposed, it was 7 months. I'd have gone stark-raving mad if I hadn't found NEY. Now it's filled with mostly a bunch of OMHs with a few engaged ladies. I bet actual non-engaged ladies are in a small minority around there these days....

ETA: The NEY ladies STOPPED me from pre-planning my wedding and got me to get off all those wedding-related pinterest boards. They did NOT indulge pre-planning in any way. 
    This is more of what I meant by my comment, thank you. 
    Married 9.12.15
  • julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    @julieanne912 - I signed up for TK when my best friend was planning her wedding, and you needed to be registered to look at pictures. YEARS later, when my ex told me to send him pictures of engagement rings, I went back to TK, and discovered the forums, and found NEY. Are there BSC people? Yup. But to call the board "straight up weird" just shows what little understanding you have of it.

Boxes: Thanks for the clarification then.  I am now enlightened. 

Married 9.12.15
  • @julieanne912 - I signed up for TK when my best friend was planning her wedding, and you needed to be registered to look at pictures. YEARS later, when my ex told me to send him pictures of engagement rings, I went back to TK, and discovered the forums, and found NEY. Are there BSC people? Yup. But to call the board "straight up weird" just shows what little understanding you have of it.

Boxes: Thanks for the clarification then.  I am now enlightened. 

Umm, I'm NEY and don't expect to be for a year or more, but still like being here because I like weddings and their drama. As well as the atmosphere of this community.
  • Confession: I am on a conference call. I put my phone on mute so I could yell and swear at everyone for being stupid. 
    My office does this all the time. We are a small office (5 people) in a very large company. We sit and poke fun at the other offices during townhalls.
  • BouxRadleyBouxRadley member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    Confession: I am on a conference call. I put my phone on mute so I could yell and swear at everyone for being stupid. 
    Is it really a confession if everyone does it? That's like saying, "Ok, I confess. I brush my teeth occasionally."

ETA: words.
  • Confession: I am on a conference call. I put my phone on mute so I could yell and swear at everyone for being stupid. 
    Is it really a confession if everyone does it? That's like saying, "Ok, I confess. I brush my teeth occasionally."

lol not really. I'll take a stab in the dark and say most jobs don't involve being on a lot of conference calls. And many people are more patient than me so probably don't do this.
    *********************************************************************************

lol not really. I'll take a stab in the dark and say most jobs don't involve being on a lot of conference calls. And many people are more patient than me so probably don't do this.
    My job involves a lot of conference calls. I put them on mute and come onto the Knot, at least when I'm not on CGhat with some coworkers on the same call typing "Did he/she really just say that? This is nuts." So kind of the same as you, lol. 

• I love IM for conference calls, we gripe about customers all the time while we are sitting on the calls. The other week I was so glad I was on a call and not in a room, the lady conducting it typed "we inserted and then pulled out", yep, I lost it, phone on mute! Thank goodness I wasn't there, it was the first meeting with the new boss man!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession: i pretend to propose to my FI with his wedding band so he'll do something cute with mine {how we got engaged is a weird story ...} He can't help but smile when I do it, so it's always worth it.

2nd confession: I have avoided doing dishes all weekend because I hate doing them. Gonna try to convince FI to do them tonight because "i really need to start setting up centerpieces and I have no idea how long that will take" Muahahaha :D
  • I'll bite. Why? Since you very obviously have no idea what the NEY board is all about if you think it's a psuedo-Pinterest board of BSC girls planning their fake weddings.
    Am I the only who New Year's Eve every time someone says NEY board? 

Never really paid attention to NEY board, but I will say I side-eye people (women mostly) who do the "Blah blah amount of time and NO RING YET" thing. Well get down on one knee and fucking ask him to marry you then. Jesus it's the 21st goddamn century. Just a heads up you can propose to the person with the penis even though you have the vagina. If vagina owners didn't pop the question Wifey and I would still be girlfriends.

The last time I was on conference call I told everyone to just shut the fuck up already cause everyone couldn't talk at fucking once you goddamn fuck heads. I was not on mute. I work in a very different industry.
  • I came on TK when a friend was planning her wedding. I liked the vibe of NEY so I hung out there for ages. I started posting more on other boards after H and I got engaged.
    I've seen the Waiting List and NEY is the opposite of that. Seriously, we all shut down others BSC behaviour and had our own shut down during those moments.

My confession - I'm really bummed my boss basically told me to not bother applying for an internal post that I was really excited about. I meet all the pisted qualifications but it sounds like her vision is much different than our Head Office vision. I hope she didn't mean to come across so harsh but I've felt terrible since we chatted about it yesterday. I'd rather she encourage me on how to become more qualified instead of making my insane amount of hard work seem like nothing. I kept a smile on my face but it is really hard having coworkers be so pumped that I could get this promotion when she told me she probably won't bother interviewing me for the job.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards