Illinois-Chicago

Great Vintage Stamp Vendor- NW Chicago

Had to share the great service I got with the Stamp King
So, I'd decided that I wanted to use a mix of vintage stamps to reach the $0.71 2oz postage needed for my invites. I searched a number of vendors for vintage stamps- Etsy, Ebay and other online stores- and was frustrated by the price. I noticed (not surprisingly) that many love, heart, wedding and floral stamps were even more expensive.
I decided to see if I could find a local shop that might have a good selection. 
I called ahead to check if they had the stamps I was looking for- I had the "scott" number from my searching but was open to other suggestions as well. I shared what I was looking for and planned to visit the store over the weekend.
I stopped in the owner (Charles, I think) had notes from our short call and had pulled a few things. There was another appointment in the store so it might be worth setting up time with him.
I hoped for a Wisconsin (my home state) and West Virginia (Fiancee's home state) stamps paired with a heart/love/flowers. He knew SO much about the stamp options we had, and gave his opinion when asked. We were in the store about 30min total.
We were able to get an awesome mix of state stamps paired with a "love" stamp. We also decided to get vintage postage for our reply cards- Charles was a great help locating some options for us! We ended up spending an additional $40 (vs. buying new stamps) for our 110 invites.
My fiancee enjoyed meeting him, too. 

It's a bit of a trek- off the Harlem Blue line stop but there was plenty of parking.
One note- cash only!

Stamp King Address: 7139 W Higgins Ave, Chicago, IL 60656 Phone:(773) 775-2100
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards