Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Save the Dates Vs. Early Invites

My FI and I are getting married in the middle of August this year. We just got engaged in March. Most of our guests will be coming from out of town so my mom is pushing for save the dates, but it is so close to the invites needing to go out. So should we just send the invites early? I'm not sure what to do. We are on a very tight budget so I wasn't planning on doing save the dates. Any ideas?

Re: Save the Dates Vs. Early Invites

• Options
    I think it is too close to when invites will be going out. You should be sending invites out in the next few weeks(6-8 weeks prior) for a mid August wedding. You could call your VIPs with hotel info just to give them a heads up on that.
  • Options
    I agree with ILoveBeach.  Just call up the VIPs who are OOT and provide them with your wedding date and hotel information.  Also let them know that a formal invite will be in the mail soon.

At this point the time for STDs have come and gone.  And just because you didn't send STDs doesn't mean that you send your invites early.  But really seeing as your wedding is in the middle of August, even if you sent your invites today, it still wouldn't be sending them early because you are pretty close to the 2 month prior mark.  So if I were you I would get your invites together ASAP and once in the mail give your VIPs a heads up.

• Options
    Skip the STDs and just send the invitations. Ten weeks isn't that early. 

• Options
    Ditto PPs. Go ahead and get to work on sending the invitations out in mid-June. In addition to calling VIPs, you could make a quick website with travel details and shoot out a quick email to your closest friends and family with the link. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards