Not Engaged Yet

Moody Monday

Re: Moody Monday

• phira said:
    @hummingbird125 CONGRATULATIONSSSSS!!!

@goldenpenguin We did "Union" too and OH MY GOD IT MAKES ME CRY ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Like, I cried during our rehearsal because of it. What a great reading.

My weekend was SO MEH.

13-hour day on Friday, which sucked anyway, but what was worse was that my second western didn't work. It might have worked if I'd done an overnight step, but I couldn't come in on Saturday (and the step can't go longer than overnight).

Saturday was the bridal shower I had to go to. It was SUPER meh anyway, but opening the gifts was pretty crappy. The couple is registered on a couple websites but they have a gofundme for their honeymoon, so they didn't want physical gifts (so why register?!). The bride doesn't cook, but because the groom does, they did register for a bunch of kitchen stuff and cookware. But the bride was really confused and almost irritated that she was opening all these gifts and it was all cookware! She barely said thank you the whole time. It was kind of appalling.

Sunday, I basically slept the entire day. Seriously. Slept till early afternoon, napped in the evening, and still went to bed at my normal time. Clearly, I needed to catch up.

-------BOX----------

EW! That's so rude! Why have a shower if you don't want any of the physical gifts you registered for (and don't even know what they are)? Gross. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @phira ugh that is incredibly awkward.  Why would she even have a shower if she didn't want anything?

@alpacina feel better! Hopefully you don't have sun poisoning, worst feeling ever.  @eilis1228 freezing trick is a good idea.  Also leave the bottle of aloe in the fridge and so you can apply it cold. 
  • audrewuh said:

Sunday was the worst. I am now spending my first day back in the office planning my maybe-not-so-hypothetical move to the northeast and avoiding all other responsibilities. Seeing @ellis1228 tonight is lifting my spirits!

----BOX----
    That's a negative, Ghost Rider. 

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @alpacina @eilis1228 So, the shower was a surprise shower, but even so, I feel like if she hadn't wanted a shower, it wouldn't have happened. I know because I didn't have a shower, and no one surprised me with one because they all knew I didn't want one! Not a difficult concept.

And yeah, what really bothered me was that we spent $100 on a Le Creuset casserole dish (that was on their registry), and she couldn't even be bothered to say thank you. They LOVE Disney (got engaged in Disney World and they're trying to go to Disney for their honeymoon) and they love dogs, so instead of buying a bridal shower card, I used a Disney notecard from a set I have (of, like, classic Disney art), and I picked out one that had the wedding scene from 101 Dalmatians. No reaction from her at all, just, "Oh, it's from phira."
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015

@speakeasy14 - That's such a bummer that the paint turned out all streaky! I hope you can find the spray kind, though. I think that's probably your best solution, and I'm sure it will turn out just fine. DIY is always so much tougher than it sounds!

@phira - image
    I probably would have found a lovely excuse to leave at that point. Your gift and card sound so thoughtful!

• @phira I'm with you-- even though it was surprise shower, she obviously made it known that she would have liked one. Your gift sounds so thoughtful! I hate that she was so thoughtless. :(

• eilis1228 said:
    audrewuh said:

Sunday was the worst. I am now spending my first day back in the office planning my maybe-not-so-hypothetical move to the northeast and avoiding all other responsibilities. Seeing @ellis1228 tonight is lifting my spirits!

----BOX----
    That's a negative, Ghost Rider. 

I'm taking you with me, duh. 

Also, SQUEEEEEEEE shower is Sunday!! And Elle will be here! ZOMG. In a matter of a week, I will have gotten to see so many of my favorites!!

(has your UN ALWAYS been eilis? I've been spelling it ellis for...at least a year...)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @alpacina - sorry about your sunburn! hope it heals soon.

@cu97tiger - yay for countertops!

@eilis1228 - HIBACHI IS AMAZING. omg.

@hummingbird125 - YAY YOURE MARRIED!!!!!!

my weekend was ok.....ended up working til 7pm on fri, but it was ok bc BF was working anyways and im on this STUPID DIET (can you tell im hangry??) so i figured it was better to be at work than at  home trying not to stuff my face.

saturday BF worked all day so i treated myself to a pedicure and was generally lazy.

yesterday BF and i ran a 5k which was fun. we stayed together the whole time and he was really encouraging and supportive (though in the moment i was hating life so much i just wanted to strangle him). we did it in 36 minutes...my goal was 34 but oh well. i ran the same distance 2 weeks ago in 34 minutes so im attributing the total struggle i felt yesterday to the diet ive been on for the last week...im averaging about 900 calories a day so i think my body was just running on empty yesterday.

thankfully today is the last day of this 7 day jumpstart diet. im down 6.5 pounds so far!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Swazzle said:
    @audrewuh thought that I put hot dogs in my turkey burgers because while typing up my shopping list I mentioned Frank's as in Frank's red hot. 

And this conversation happened: 

Me: So we'll have hot dogs, turkey burgers, and I can get some Jersey corn. 
    Aud: Ok.............. What's that?
    Me: Corn... from Jersey?

I'm with @audrewah. I feel like that should've been something more than just corn from Jersey. ;) Like, corn with super secret spice made in Jersey or something!

• jenjen047 said:
    @alpacina - sorry about your sunburn! hope it heals soon.

@cu97tiger - yay for countertops!

@eilis1228 - HIBACHI IS AMAZING. omg.

@hummingbird125 - YAY YOURE MARRIED!!!!!!

my weekend was ok.....ended up working til 7pm on fri, but it was ok bc BF was working anyways and im on this STUPID DIET (can you tell im hangry??) so i figured it was better to be at work than at  home trying not to stuff my face.

saturday BF worked all day so i treated myself to a pedicure and was generally lazy.

yesterday BF and i ran a 5k which was fun. we stayed together the whole time and he was really encouraging and supportive (though in the moment i was hating life so much i just wanted to strangle him). we did it in 36 minutes...my goal was 34 but oh well. i ran the same distance 2 weeks ago in 34 minutes so im attributing the total struggle i felt yesterday to the diet ive been on for the last week...im averaging about 900 calories a day so i think my body was just running on empty yesterday.

thankfully today is the last day of this 7 day jumpstart diet. im down 6.5 pounds so far!
    Girl I don't even want to tell you how many calories I consume on a daily basis...even before I got KTFU lol. If you're exercising then you really should be increasing the amount of calories you're eating in protein and healthy fats to supplement the healthy calories you're losing. Your metabolism will crash and start storing fat if it thinks you're not eating enough. Eat lots of avocados, veggies, chicken, fish, etc...LIKE EAT LOTS OF THEM!!!! I'm supposed to be eating 1700 calories a day with how much I work out to maintain my weight and muscle mass.
  • OMG!!! I totally forgot to tell you guys about my experience at the nail salon!!!

I went with my mom on Saturday to get pedicures.  While we were there a girl was sitting 2 chairs over and had a boa constrictor around her neck.  Then the nail techs started passing it around.  The guys working on us at least waited until we were done. I don't like snakes, but I was more freaked out about the sanitary issue. 
  • @Labro - Nope, just corn born in Jersey! But it's really yummy! We have great corn and tomatoes.

• Thank you, @labro!! 

And I protest that I never got to have this rumored "Jersey Corn."
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @eilis1228 @twodimes @southernpeach89 - thank you for the concern!! you ladies are the best!

i know 1200 is the minimum youre supposed to consume and that your body will shut down with fewer calories on an ongoing basis. but this is just a one-week program is that part of the Nutrisystem plan...for the first 7 days you are doing this "jumpstart" plan and then you transition to the regular Nutrisystem plan, which has about 1200-1500 calories per day (ETA: more if you are working out a lot). if i count all the calories im getting from veggies its closer to 1200 but they dont tell you to count those so im not.
    also FWIW im eating every 2-3 hours so it doesnt feel like im only eating 900 calories and my metabolism is being kept up. for instance today i am having a granola bar at 9am, a chocolate and green tea shake for snack at 11am , a baked potato meal for lunch at 130pm, a protein shake for snack at 4pm, and a chicken/pasta entree for dinner at 630pm, plus unlimited amounts of non-starchy veggies.

trust me, if it werent part of a larger diet program that i trust or if it lasted more than a week i wouldnt do it. :)
  • @Speakeasy14 - Of course I will AW everything I paint.  And...what the ACTUAL fuck?  A boa constrictor at a nail salon?  I am absolutely terrified of snakes and that sounds like the worst possible thing I can imagine.  I don't bring my dog to the nail salon, and she's a hell of a lot cuter than a boa constrictor.

@eilis1228 - We have sun too!  It's such a glorious thing I'm not sure how to handle it.  I went with my Mom to the garden center at Lowe's today because she's so excited to finally get to work outside in her garden again.  I had got to carry the mulch for her since she can't lift much anymore.
  • @futuremrshistorian It was not a comfortable or relaxing experience at all. 
  • OMG!!! I totally forgot to tell you guys about my experience at the nail salon!!!

I went with my mom on Saturday to get pedicures.  While we were there a girl was sitting 2 chairs over and had a boa constrictor around her neck.  Then the nail techs started passing it around.  The guys working on us at least waited until we were done. I don't like snakes, but I was more freaked out about the sanitary issue. 
    Holy. Shit. I would have flipped out and left and then written a terrible review on every possible site available. 

• has everyone see the pics of Caitlyn Jenner? here is the link if you havent. i think shes gorgeous!
  • Dignity100Dignity100 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2015
    Hi ladies!!

Post and run mostly

@hummingbird125 - hope you had an amazing day and I cannot wait to see pics!

Friday we went to the Gladiators game (Arena football) - they lost big time.

Saturday we had an appointment to go look at a floorplan - so we went and looked at it.  It was nice and it's a good option for us, but we still like the other floorplan the best.
    This is our favorite:  http://waynehomes.com/plan/alexandria
    Runner up:  http://waynehomes.com/plan/montgomery
    We were at the builder's until around 7:00 - there were HARD rains on and off ALL day.  We checked out 3 properties on the way back to the house but couldn't see much because all of the rain.  When we were in my neighborhood - all the shopping plaza's were closed and power was out everywhere.  There's a Y intersection where I typically go left - but I saw a cop blocking one of the utility boxes and figured they must be working on the power.  Before I could get to my street, the cops had about 2 blocks closed off because of down trees/powerlines.  So we had to go a different way to get home.  When we turned down my street there were only a few houses with power so we were thinking 'uh-oh' but my house was one of the 3 with power (we have a different power company than everybody else, so typically I keep my power when they lose theirs).  I got out and decided to check my fence before letting the dogs out - the fence was fine - the shed was fine, but the cable line/phone line was laying in the backyard and the neighbors HUGE pine tree is laying across our shed (it's supported by limbs of other trees - but it's a ticking time bomb when that thing falls).  So far the tree has only taken out my cable lines - my shed and fence are ok.  I have to figure out who to contact the neighbor because his house is vacant at the moment.

Sunday we were without internet/tv/phones so we just ran some errands and looked at a few other lots.  H was kind of in a bad mood because my brother - it's a long story.  We finally watched Into the Woods and I got some laundry done.

Oh - I attached a before/after pic of my shed/fence if you're interested

EDIT:  I forgot to mention - our phone/internet/tv has been fixed.  The tree(s) are not a big deal, just kind of an 'aww poop' thing - it could have been worse.  It is a little frustrating I don't know how to contact the home owner.  I'm mostly afraid about the tree collapsing my fence.
    yard.jpg 184.5K

Anniversary
  • I'm way behind but I did go through and read everyone's weekend recaps!

Friday night I went to my aunts and then my parents to visit them. It was nice to just hang out and chat with my mom for a bit. When I went home BF and I ordered food and watched TV.

Saturday morning I went to a baby shower that was pretty nice. After that I went home and got ready and we went out to Hibachi for BF's birthday. It was a nice night and we all really enjoyed our food!

Yesterday was BF's birthday! However, the poor thing was up at 5 am with tummy troubles that lasted all day long. He was in the bathroom most of yesterday and was just plain miserable. We did manage to go grocery shopping, run to Home Depot, eat lunch, hang out with his mom and then go to my parents for dinner. My mom also got BF a cake for his bday and he was exited. On the way home he told me that he couldn't remember the last time he got a cake and was made to feel special on his birthday. Mental note taken, and he will forever get a cake!! I was wondering why he wasn't looking forward to his bday! 

This week is my busy week at work, hence why I am super late today. I should be able to come back and play later in the week. Hope you all have a good week!!
    friends tv show funy
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    SO MUCH NOPE regarding the snake at the nail salon.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Swazzle said:
    OMG!!! I totally forgot to tell you guys about my experience at the nail salon!!!

Holy. Shit. I would have flipped out and left and then written a terrible review on every possible site available. 
    They were already painting our nails when we noticed the snake.  The second they were dry we ran out the door.  It's sad because it was my favorite salon, but that is so disgusting, I will never return. 
  • Happy Monday! It's finally JUNE! Only 13 more school days, and the last few are early dismissal days for finals. I'm so ready to be done, but at the same time not ready to say goodbye to my kids for the summer! I'm hoping to teach some of them again next year.

Friday I played Bunco with BF's mom and her neighbors. We play once a month and it's always a blast. Although I am the only one not married with kids... Saturday I did some shopping (Loft had a 50% off sale!) but was otherwise lazy. Yesterday, BF and I went to brunch then met one of my friends and her BF for dinner. My friend is leaving for a work trip to Africa for 4 months this weekend, so I was glad to see her before she left!

@jenjen047 So glad you shared the link about Caitlyn Jenner! 

@Blue&White I can't believe you had your last day with kids! Mine isn't for 2.5 more weeks!

I had a BSC moment of weakness last night, after BF brought up wanting to get married for the millionth time. He hinted that he hadn't bought the ring yet, which he could be doing just to throw me off, but it still bothered me more than I thought it would. I guess I had been assuming that he already had it. But he could tell that I was a little bothered by talking about it in general, so he asked "Have I ever let you down?" to which I said no of course not... so he said "Well you'll just have to trust me to not let you down this time [when he proposes]". I know he's totally right and I'm just being crazy, but I'm just ready to get a move on with the planning while I have the summer off!
  • @knockonwood5127 @southernpeach89 's H is already done! We actually got out "late" this year. We get out before Memorial Day next year (but go back early August)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @knockonwood5127 and @blue Yea...DH has to basically go back for pre-planning at the end of July. It sucks.
  • @southernpeach89 our preplanning is August 5 soooo pretty close
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @knockonwood5127 - i really think it would be helpful for you to ask BF to stop bringing up engagement/wedding stuff until the time comes. right now it sounds like you are talking about it a lot and while thats very exciting, it also sounds like its making you impatient, which makes it harder to enjoy the moment now.
    BF and i were in the same place about a month ago and since i asked him to stop bringing it up i have felt so much more calm and am LOVING this time with him. just some food for thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards