Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Has anyone used Bari Jay Style #1466 for their bridesmaid dresses?

How did they look? Im thinking of getting them in misty blue. My mom thinks they look like nightgowns but I really think I like them.

Re: Has anyone used Bari Jay Style #1466 for their bridesmaid dresses?

• Options
    I can see why she would say that, but they look a lot more structured than a nightgown would be, and lace overlays are so on trend right now that I don't think anyone will blink (except maybe her). I think they're pretty. Which color lace were you thinking with the blue?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    No experience with that dress, but my MOH wore Bari Jay #911 in Misty Blue. The blue is a beautiful color! I think the dress you picked is gorgeous! 

• Options
    @lachattefatale I was thinking the ivory colored lace. I went and looked at it in person and really fell in love with the fit and look of it.. I just didn't realize that it costs $250!! I feel like that is a lot to ask bridesmaids to pay.
  • Options
    Ouch. The ivory with the blue is gorgeous, but not if your girls can't afford it. I know I'm trying to keep mine around $100-150.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amuhl10 said:
    @lachattefatale I was thinking the ivory colored lace. I went and looked at it in person and really fell in love with the fit and look of it.. I just didn't realize that it costs $250!! I feel like that is a lot to ask bridesmaids to pay.
    You should ask your BMs what their dress budget is BEFORE you pick a dress.  And yes, $250 is a lot to ask someone to spend on a dress that they will wear once.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    1. I can see where your mom is coming from. In certain colors, it definitely does look more nightgownish than bridesmaids dressish.

2. If any of your girls have large busts, that dress is probably going to be problematic. The bust area looks small, and with a really deep v, and I know for me personally I'd show a LOT of cleavage and possible some underboob since it looks like the lace is sheer just under the bust.

3. $250 is generally way more than most people's budgets for a bridesmaids dress. Ask your bridemsaids first what they are comfortable spending (without prodding them in any direction) and then go from there.

I really love Bari Jay. We wore bari jay for my sister's wedding and the dresses were great! Lots of structure and the material seemed to be good quality.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards