Flowers

Fifty Flowers

Has anyone used Fifty Flowers for their wedding flowers? What was your experience? I think this is the way we would like to go for budget reasons, but I'm not sure if the time/stress is worth it. Any tips out there??

Re: Fifty Flowers

• MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015

That's just it - what is the value of time and stress the two days leading up to your wedding?  Is it worth spending slightly more to either have them shipped in ready to go such that you just cut the base off and put them in water..  Or guaranteed that a florist will do all the work for you and you just go pick them up yourselves instead of paying delivery (yes, you can pick up your wedding flowers instead of having them delivered which can save you a ton!) and adjusting arrangements accordingly to fit your budget.  One thought is to do a "trial run" with a smaller flower order and see if you like them. 

The one thing I'm freaking out about for my parent's anniversary with the flowers that I'm ordering in (from another site) is if they get held up in Customs.  That one detail can make/break things.  With getting the flowers for less there is a trade-off, you've got to be ready for it..

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    If budget is an issue, consider ordering flowers from your local florist & creating the bouquets/arrangements yourself. It'll save you tons! 
  • I did and it was fine. They recommended delivery on Wednesday for my Saturday wedding, and all my flowers arrived on time. Unboxing and trimming the stems was a chore. The roses looked really sad and smushed when they arrived but they opened beautifully. Some of the peruvian lilies didn't open by the day of the wedding. If I had to do it again, I would get them an extra day earlier.

As for the time/stress, how many arrangements do you need? My centerpieces were simple and I did 20 of them within a couple hours (with the help of a friend) but the bouquets were more difficult. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about DIYing flowers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I was thinking of doing fifty flowers. I'm really strict on budget.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards