Not Engaged Yet
Options

We meet again, Monday.

Morning! It was next to impossible to get out of bed and come to work today. BLEH. 

My weekend was awesome! 

Friday was pretty uneventful. I cooked dinner while H worked on stuff in the yard, cleaned up the house a bit, and then we watched Jurassic Park for the 807th time in the past couple of weeks. 

Saturday I got breakfast and booze and then headed to Belmont! I had such a blast and yay for American Pharaoh! The Goo Goo Dolls performed after all of the races finished and then my friends and I headed home. I was definitely drunk but made it home with no injuries, no fights, and all of my belongings. So I'm counting this as a win for me and adulthood :) 

Yesterday, H and I ran so many errands. We bought a ton of stuff for our yard and our housewarming party. I emptied a few more boxes from the dining room (yes, after 5 months we still have boxes to unpack). We came up with a game plan for the week so that we get everything done by Saturday. H had hockey and I went to bed early. 

I hope this week flies by because H and I are going to see Jurassic World Thursday night, I'm working a half day on Friday, and I'm so excited for Saturday! 

Re: We meet again, Monday.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @cu97tiger Fritz and Freddie are such handsome boys!!! <3

@TwoDimes I really want to try agility with Cinders. You'll have to let me know what set you buy if you get one. I think she'd really love something like that too. Glad you had such a nice "surprise" party yesterday!!!

• Options
    @untouchablets - That customer is super creepy! What is this costume you speak of?

@labro - Can you come work on my yard? I'm getting more and more interested in the Eat Too Much plan. Do you like the meals that he has you eating?

@TwoDimes - What book are you reading? That's so sweet of your coworkers!

@cu97tiger - It was nuts! People were spraying champage and beer everywhere and screaming and jumping up and down. We had such a blast and I'll definitely be back again next year. 

• Options
    Good morning, everyone!!

We had a busy weekend.  Friday evening we cleaned out the guest room and office.  We had like 10 trashbags full of stuff to donate, so we dropped it off at Goodwill.  I love the new, cleaned out guest room and office areas.  I still have more stuff to de-clutter and clean, but that was a great start.

Saturday morning, we got up and went for a (crappy) run.  Then we dropped Cricket off at the vet for her spay/shots/chip.  On the way home (it was early, like 8 AM) we stopped by the farmer's market on that side of town.  It was my first time to go, and it is so nice.  The veggies there are luscious.

I made Portugese Braised Eggs and Peas for brunch (using peas I harvested from the garden!) and we ate that with some reallllly crunchy, yummy ciabatta.  I squeezed in another work out and did a lot of baking (peach/blueberry cobbler and cookies).  We had a cook-out for our Spanish group after church yesterday.  The cookies and cobber turned out great.

This weekend was so busy!  I am kind of glad it's Monday.  I have a lot to do tonight (I need to do laundry, get the house in order, clean out the fridge, cook dinner, and squeeze in a run).
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @Swazzle I'm really loving it so far! There have been a few recipes I haven't liked the looks of or wanted to eat, but the program makes it really easy to switch out the recipe for something else!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes I wish we lived closer! I think Indy and Cinders would be best friends and they'd compete against each other for smartest most agile dog!

• Options
    @TwoDimes - Ohhhhh that sounds SO good and like something I would love! 

@untouchablets - That is awesome! I hope you get picked!

• Options
    @untouchablets I hope you get to meet T-Swift, that would be awesome!

@caseface5 yay for new stove, looks great!

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @lavenderfields13 OMG only 5 more days!!!! YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 - FIVE DAYS!!!!! Holy crap you're so close!

• Options
  • Options
    Morning! Today I am picking up the draft of my dissertation from my adviser and hoping it doesn't look too bad because I have approximately 1 day to make all his changes before it has to go to the rest of my community. I suspect the next month or two will involve a lot of eye-crossing.
  • Options

@TwoDimes - I was wondering mostly if you had read Dark Places, since what you were describing made me think of that family being murdered. But yea, I was not a fan of that one. Sharp Objects is absolutely horrifying story, but I thought it was an amazing book. Twisted as fuck, but a pretty good murder mystery, in my opinion.

I'm in the mood for something similar. I might have to try that book you're reading...... After the bazillion other books I have no time to read right now, that is.

• Options

@caseface - I love your new stove!

My weekend was uneventful. My mom left early Saturday morning. She and my dad will be back down next weekend for another test and hopefully we'll get some real answers.

I did a lot of reading this weekend. I finished up Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult. It was meh, she's really not the author for me. Then I read The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher which was okay but not great. It's an easy read though. And yesterday I read Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher which I really enjoyed and would recommend to anyone looking for a new book to pick up.

Today my plans after work are to go to the gym and do some interval training. And then sit by the pool and read. Hopefully it will stay sunny out so I can actually do that! My period is supposed to start in a couple of days and the past few months it's been throwing my hormones all out of whack so I get depressed starting a few days before until a few days after. I'm hoping getting some nice relaxing reading time in the sunshine will help head off some of that. Oh and I need to cook up some meals for the week and do laundry/clean.

• Options
    Morning (well...afternoon)...ladies!

My weekend was crazy busy.  Saturday morning I worked out at the gym and then ran errands with my mom all the rest of the morning.  We went to the Farmer's Market and got so many veggies--kale, spinach, squash, snap peas, and a few other things that I don't remember.  Then we worked around the house and kitchen for most of the afternoon.  Mom was in charge of putting together a brunch for my parents to take to church on Sunday, so we made cinnamon rolls and breakfast casseroles.  Saturday night we had some houseguests arrive, so we visited for a bit and then we all went to bed early.

Sunday morning I went to early Mass so that I could help my mom with the brunch at their church.  I was really disappointed, because the Archbishop was going to be there to celebrate the mid-morning Mass and I would have loved to have seen that...oh well.  Yesterday afternoon I took Smudge to get re-checked at the vet--she's healing perfectly from her surgery and no longer has to wear the cone of shame, for which she is very grateful!  After that I took a much-needed nap before helping Mom clean out the bookshelves upstairs.  According to my mother, she's taking advantage of the fact that she has me here this summer to get me to help her clean out a bunch of things around the house (fine with me...give me a glass of wine and a box and I'll throw stuff away all day long).

Tonight we're having people from my dad's work over for dinner (and we still have houseguests).  I'm making Turkish food!  Iskender kebab (marinated meat with a spicy tomato sauce), homemade pita, and hummus.  Mom's making tapioca pudding for dessert.  So, needless to say, I'll be trying to get to the gym and get in a bit of time on the elliptical this afternoon.  :-)

I'm also anxiously checking my mail every 5 minutes.  Mr. H sent me something from Afghanistan, and it should be here any day now!
  • Options
    @labro @audrewuh and @elle saved them all for my MOH in case she wants to make it. If she doesn't want to make it, then @audrewuh said she'll make one for me. :) I'd completely forgotten a bow bouquet was even a thing, but I immediately thought of the awesome one your coworker made you last year. It's so pretty!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Good morning everyone! FI and I had a pretty uneventful weekend. We had such a crazy week last week that we had some drinks (and a round of shots...that's very rare for us) on Friday night and just watched a ton of Netflix. We were looking for new shows and since I see many of you talk about PLL we started watching that. I am enjoying it but FI isn't really. I will have to get him drunk again because he liked it Friday night after a few drinks ;)

Saturday we went to our chiropractor and had muscle therapy as well. The therapist I got this time went very hard on me, and I am still sore from that. Our chiropractor had been out for a few weeks and he went back to his home in Austria. He keeps offering his house to us if we ever want to visit the Alps...FI and I might take him up on that offer! He came back this week and he gave FI and I each a bar of really good German chocolate. FI and I ate half of the dark chocolate bar last night. The other one is a honey almond milk chocolate that we haven't opened yet. 

After that, we went to the local farmer's market. It was really awesome and the park that it is held in feels like a western themed town. It even has a little train that goes around the park, and there was a blacksmithing demonstration going on. We found a gouda filled sausage at the market, and bought that, some broccoli, and zucchini. We went home after that and did some cleaning and a little more unpacking. 

On Sunday, we dropped off the keys to our old apartment (we had some overlap in the leases), and then explored another local park with a lake! You can even go boating on it (which is a rare thing here in SoCal on fresh water lakes). After exploring that park a little we went back home and grilled up the sausage and broccoli for dinner. Then I skyped with one of my best friends. Overall it was a good weekend. 

The railroad:

And the park with a lake:

• Options
    labrolabro member
    You should totally have a second HM in the Alps @AuroraRose41. Just sayin'!!! It'd be the perfect thing to do after your Ireland trip. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards