Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

New to the board

Hi everyone!  My husband and I were married last month (May 13th, 2011) on our 5 year dating anniversary.  I was a budget bride and a DIY bride, and I wouldn't do it any other way!   We spent less then $5,000 for our wedding and it may not have been the wedding of most brides dreams, but to us the day was about us as a family and worked just fine for us.  I made just about everything for my wedding from ALL the flower arrangements (bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, head pieces and centerpieces), the flower girl basket, ring bearer pillow, money bag, card box, invitations even the sash for my daughters (flower girls) dress.

We had a sand ceremony and included our kids (ring bearer and flower girl) in it.

We also had a rose ceremony where we exchanged roses. 

And at the end of the ceremony we gave another rose to our mothers

The entire wedding party was EVERYWHERE during pictures, and it was really hard to get everyone in the same room for an extended amont of time.  This is one thing I would have done differently.

Overall I miss the wedding planning process, some days more then others.  Would I do it all again?  Most likely.  There are just a couple things I would change.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards