Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Table/chair arrangements

This may not be the right place to put this, but I couldn't really find an appropriate place.

Anyway, my FI and I are getting married at our local park, and we've rented a building that is in the style of a lovely rustic ranch, with the hopes that weather and such will cooperate for a ceremony outdoors, with everyone moving inside for the reception.
Here's our question: If, for whatever reason, we cannot have the ceremony outdoors (i.e. weather), what would be the best approach to holding it indoors? I ask because it's a relatively small space -- great for our forty-ish guests, but the tables are picnic tables, and thus cannot really be arranged in neat rows in the same way folding chairs can be.
If anyone has had similar experience, what did you do? We love our venue, and we love the tables, as it plays into our theme to some degree, but if the ceremony is indoors, it may pose an issue.

Re: Table/chair arrangements

• Options
    If you have to hold the ceremony inside due to weather, then I would just have the tables set up as you would for the reception.  This way everyone is just sitting at their designated table during your ceremony.  This may not be your ideal setup but it will work in a pinch if need be.

Are you having dancing?  If so, then you could get married in the middle of the dance floor.  Or you could make sure that you leave enough space at the front (like where you would typically put a sweetheart table) to hold your ceremony.

• Options
    We are having dancing, and at the head of the dance floor, we have the DJ table, so there's definitely space for the ceremony if it needs to be inside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards