Vermont

Hartness House

Hello everyone,

I did a search to see if my question had already been answered and could only find one entry from about two years ago. Has anyone done the familiarization visit to the Hartness House? I am thinking of booking one so my fiance and I can see the place but any information would be super helpful. Thanks!

Re: Hartness House

• Just in case this helps other Vermont brides.

We did the Hartness house familiarization visit on July 18th. We arrived around 2:50 for a 3pm check in time. The lady and young girl at the front desk (who was dressed in flip flops a tshirt and tights) had no idea what we were talking about and had to go grab Dave who was the events guy I had been speaking to.

Dave appears a short time later covered in sweat and grime and dressed in basketball shorts and a tank top. He apologized for his appearance stating that he was in "maintance" mode and if we could hang around for 10 minutes our room would be ready. We looked around the house and on the surface everything is beautiful but upon closer inspection everything in the place has seen better days. Worn carpet and stained sofas. We received our room key and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was. It was large, clean and the bed was very comfortable. We decided to save our final judgement until we saw the grounds and tried the food.

The service in the restaurant was excellent but the food left a lot to be desired. The $30 strip steak was tough and full of gristle. The "citrus wine sauce" was really just an overwhelming orange sauce that was trying to make up for the bland grilled chicken underneath. What really clinched it for me was as we were eating we watched Dave take almost 40 minutes to set a table for 8. After seeing that and the general lack of knowledge exhibited, I wouldn't be comfortable handing him my wedding.

I wanted to like this place because the staff is working very hard to get it up to par now that they have new investors but at this point it's not a place I want to get married.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards