Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Videographer question

For those of you that had one was it worth it? I'm contemplating whether or not to have one.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Videographer question

• My only regret was not hiring one we originally didn't think it would be worth it but I'm kicking myself now.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Yes, it was well worth it. I am so happy we got one. We've already watched our video several times. It's wonderful so see reactions of our guests and for me to see my hubby's face as I was walking down the aisle. Also it's great to see all the people that walked down the aisle before me. Go for it if you can. You won't regret it at all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • We got ours last minute and was worth it. My husband found him on Craig's list and he was just starting out and I barely knew he was there the whole day. You could look for a video student and get them for a really great deal. We spend $300 total. He was great too!! Awesome vid and so happy that we decided on getting the vid.
  • vexievexie member
    First Comment
    Like gabi, we weren't planning on getting one (we spent a fortune on the photographer and thought they'd be good enough), however last minute we changed our minds....trust me, that was one of the BEST decisions we made throughout the planning process!  We've watched it so many times and I just can't get enough of it.  The video is so completely different from the photos.  He captured so many moments that the photographer didn't.  Watching the pure happiness on our faces, hearing our vows, seeing all the flower girls enter the church etc so made up for the cost.

I've never once heard of someone regretting hiring a videographer, but you can read all the regrets of not hiring one.
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • Yes, it is totally worth it. We were on the fence and hired one last minute, and I'm so happy we did. We found someone in our area with very affordable packages, so it worked out great.
    Photobucket
  • So worth it, a million times over!! If you can't afford the the big package with the fancy editing,the package that they probably offer with just the raw footage- which is as it was shot- is just fine. That's what we did as we were short on money but video was very important to us. It's now the only thing that I'd recommend as it gives you so much. If we went with the edited footage set to music we would have missed so much! I did ask about this fact and we would have recieved less footage and it would have been set to music.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • yes it was WELL worth it. They day went by SOO fast that I don't remember alot and I pick up our DVD on saturday and I am so excited to get to see the whole ceremony and pre wedding stuff!! can't wait!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards