Wedding Reception Forum

Small venue? DJ Recommendations?

Hey everyone!

I have my ceremony and reception booked for April of 2016. We are getting married at Marriage Island on the riverwalk in San Antonio, TX and we have about 50 guests coming. We reserved the patio at the Hotel Contessa for seating. We reserved the Hotel Contessa's Anaqua room for our reception. They say that they can accomodate 50 guests in that room with a dance floor but the pictures that I see online, the room looks very small and cramped. Has anyone used their Anaqua room before?? Any recommendations for a DJ for a smaller wedding? I don't want my guests overwhelmed by a DJ in such a small space.

Thanks!!

Re: Small venue? DJ Recommendations?

• Hey everyone!

I have my ceremony and reception booked for April of 2016. We are getting married at Marriage Island on the riverwalk in San Antonio, TX and we have about 50 guests coming. We reserved the patio at the Hotel Contessa for seating. We reserved the Hotel Contessa's Anaqua room for our reception. They say that they can accomodate 50 guests in that room with a dance floor but the pictures that I see online, the room looks very small and cramped. Has anyone used their Anaqua room before?? Any recommendations for a DJ for a smaller wedding? I don't want my guests overwhelmed by a DJ in such a small space.

Thanks!!
    Hi.  I live in Chicago, and have never been to San Antonio, and have no idea what you're talking about.  You may want to go to a local board.
  • Ask the venue if they have recommendations for a really good, professional, appropriate DJ that has the perfect size setup and personality to create a fun dancing party for 50 people (in that space)!  Surely, they have seen some awesome ... and some crazy.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards