Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Hi guys,

My Fi and I have decided we don't want a formal sit down meal, but we want to have foods available. In discussing this with his mom and aunt, they came up with the idea of us having Little Caesars pizza, because that is where we met years ago. The entire event is outside, in a field and is laid back (not jeans laid back, but khakis, if that helps

Re: Hi guys,

• Is this a question?
    juliana5 said:
    My Fi and I have decided we don't want a formal sit down meal, but we want to have foods available. In discussing this with his mom and aunt, they came up with the idea of us having Little Caesars pizza, because that is where we met years ago. The entire event is outside, in a field and is laid back (not jeans laid back, but khakis, if that helps

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I think that'd be a fine idea. I attended a wedding a few years back that was formal but they had a very informal reception with kegs, pizza, and cupcakes. I myself am having my reception this Saturday and am having pizza. I think as long as your guests know what to expect and then it's fine.
  • Is this a question?
    juliana5 said:

Let's pretend it is a question and that question is "What do you think?"

I think there are certain logistical issues.

1.  Who is going to get the pizzas and when, since Little Caeser's isn't a full service restaurant that offers delivery or catering?

2.  How are the pizzas going to be kept warm?  Cold pizza is fantastic when you're hung over, but if you're deeming this shindig "not too casual" that people should be wearing khakis and sundresses instead of shorts and tanks, then is congealed cheese the meal you're really envisioning for this setting?  (Sidenote: Just watched an episode of Four Weddings where they served pizza (and only pizza, no salad or sides) and by the time everyone got their pizza it was soggy and cold and some of them found someone working a kitchen in back (the pizza was delivered, not served from that venue) and had to ask someone to heat it up for them.  They were not impressed.)

3.  How many people are you expecting?  Because one person can easily pick up enough pizza for 20 and people can still probably grab some while it's still fresh, but pizza for 100+ will require multiple people and longer waits to get pizza.

4.  When and where will this be taking place?  If there's any bit of humidity and the temps are going to approaching 80 or more, are people going to want to eat heavy greasy pizza (possibly hot, too, if you find a way to keep it that way) outdoors for the time and location you'll be having it?

5.  What else will you be serving with it and where will that be from and who will have to set that up?

6.  Will there be people with dietary restrictions?  Gluten-free?  Dairy-free?  Diabetics watching their carbs?  What will the alternative be for these people?

I'm not hating on pizza at a reception, but I think it's the type of thing that works best 1) indoors (unless you have a food truck situation), 2) at a venue actually making and serving it onsite, and 3) for smaller crowds like a rehearsal dinner or a midnight snack where the crowd has thinned out a bit after dinner and cake and you're left with the people who need to soak up the booze in their stomach and are hungry after dancing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards