California-Bay Area

any wine country brides??

Just got back from visiting a bunch of venues in Napa/Sonoma and looking for conversation with other 2015-2016 brides in wine country...anyone here getting married in wine country this year?

Re: any wine country brides??

• I'm getting married in wine country, but not the wine country most people hear about. I'm getting married in Livermore (California's OLDEST wine country), which is about 1.5 hours southeast of Napa and Sonoma. Just as beautiful, and a lot less expensive. Are you a local?
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• C525C525 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    No, trying to plan a destination wedding from New Jersey, and was looking for other bride to be's or any recent brides who had weddings at the places i visited. :) Livermore! i remember seeing that in my searches. Where are you getting married??
  • The Palm Event Center (technically in Pleasanton). It is right on a vineyard. Livermore has a lot of beautiful winery venues :) Which places have you looked at in the Northern Wine Country?
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• C525C525 member
    Viansa, nicholson ranch, gloria ferrer, auberge du soleil, paradise ridge, vintners inn, harvest inn, I think I remembered all of them! Haha. Unfortunately we prob won't be able to take another trip out to cali until much closer to our date, so I wish I could look at some places in Livermore. .. some of the places we looked at were photographed much better on their websites than what's actually there.
  • Ah yes, I've been to Nicholson Ranch and Gloria Ferrer (for wine tasting, not a wedding). They wet both beautiful venues. Photos always make places look nicer than what they initially look like in person. Definitely try to look at wedding photos taken at the locations, so you can have an idea how nice your photos will look and how beautifully decorated the place will be for your wedding :)

What time of year are you getting married? Napa and Sonoma get HOT in the summer, and that is peak wedding season. Peak wedding season ends at the beginning of November so you can probably get venues for a little cheaper. Not to mention the weather is still nice in November, and the grape vines are turning beautiful shades of yellow, red, and orange.

If you're interested in the Livermore at all, here are the places we looked at that were all very nice:

-Casa Real at Ruby Hill Winery (technically Pleasanton, right next door to Livermore)
    -Ruby Hill Golf Course (Pleasanton)
    -Palm Event Center at the Vineyard (Pleasanton-we picked this one!)
    -Martinelli Center or the Bella Rosa at Garre Winery
    -Poppy Ridge Golf Course
    -Murietta's Well

These places are definitely cheaper than Napa and Sonoma. Still, Napa and Sonoma have tons of beautiful venues, so if that is what you and your FI really want, you will not be disappointed!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• C525C525 member
    Fabulous. Thanks a million for your recommendations! We were lookin at may early June, and middle of the week to cut costs. Unfortunately his father just dropped a bomb sayin he won't fly to cali due to his anxiety so who knows now :neutral: fingers crossed.
  • Oh no!! I hope everything turns out okay.

And there's always getting there by car! If it is the actual flying that gives him anxiety, that is…But good luck :)
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am getting married in June 2016 in Wine Country at Paradise Ridge. It's beautiful and the view is amazing!
  • SO am i!!!! Whats your date?

Hallelujah! some life on this board!
  • Lauren823Lauren823 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2015

June 10, 2016 - it's a Friday :-)

I have family in New Jersey that will not fly, so I hope they make it. They talked about taking the train...

• awesome! I'm June 2, 2016, a Thursday. Have you booked everything yet?
  • Yes I have. I have booked our hotel block (Hilton - its very close to our site), rehersal dinner (at the Hitlon - got me a break on hotel room rates), DJ, Cake, Photographer and Cater. Now I am figuring out our favors ;-(

• Awesome, me too. 

We're staying at the Hilton also, will probably do the rehearsal dinner there also..and then maybe hit up Paradise's Wines and Sunsets event on the night before our wedding...just to have everyone hang out in a casual setting...
     haven't gotten to favors yet, i may just do a donation in everyones name to a charity close to my heart, if that helps. One less thing to do/worry about.
  • I am looking to have about 180 people in total at my wedding. Our vendors are:  

DJ is - Nate with  http://www.caliberdjs.com/

Cake is - Judy with  http://www.giorgisweddingcakes.com/aboutjudy.html

Photographer is - Jack with http://jackhecker.com/ 

Caterer is - Park Avenue http://parkavecater.com/

How about you?

• Dj is Michaels music, Cake is Willow St bakery, Photographer is from here in NJ, I'm flying him out with me :) and Caterer is Rosso's To Go. I used Maria Philbin for flowers. Who'd you use?
    We're having about 100, hopefully around that.. wanted to keep it smaller than that but i have a big family and its hard to leave people out. Since we're traveling from New Jersey, not everyone thats invited may come. 
  • our flowers are being done by my aunt. Who's your coordinator? I'm using Ooh LaLa Kristen.
  • Heather Holliday. LOL so we have nothing but the venue in common. 

• your vendors were not on my "approved vendors" list lol

• ahh, gotcha. haha. are you doing round tables or long ? 
  • with how many people we are inviting i need to do round - although the head table will be long.

• i'm not doing a runner for the ceremony, just some decorative lanterns with petals around the for a little something. how about you?

• you're doing your wedding party +1's at the head?
  • no just the wedding party, the kids in the wedding and the +1's will be at round tables.
  • gotcha. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards