Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP card wording

I designed our own wedding invitations, and am about to have the letterpress plate printed to finish this process.  I was rereading the RSVP wording that we came up with and was maybe starting to second guess it.  I wanted it to be unique, but not unclear.  I am not opposed to changing it to more traditional wording (ie. accepts with pleasure, declines with regret).  Should I, or is this clear enough?

Our wording is as follows:

Please respond by
September nineteenth two thousand fifteen

**insert lines for names of guests**

___ will be there ready to celebrate
___ will be there in spirit
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RSVP card wording

• It's so tiresome when people are always trying to be "clever" or "unique" with wording. Your wording is fine but not any more appealing to me than "will attend' or "will not attend." 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I designed our own wedding invitations, and am about to have the letterpress plate printed to finish this process.  I was rereading the RSVP wording that we came up with and was maybe starting to second guess it.  I wanted it to be unique, but not unclear.  I am not opposed to changing it to more traditional wording (ie. accepts with pleasure, declines with regret).  Should I, or is this clear enough?

Our wording is as follows:

Please respond by
    September nineteenth two thousand fifteen

**insert lines for names of guests**

___ will be there ready to celebrate Accepts
    ___ will be there in spirit Regrets
    FTFY.  Don't try to be "cute" or "clever" with your wording.  Many people don't appreciate your putting words in their mouths, so to speak, about their feelings.  Just keep it simple.
  • Point taken! Thank you ladies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another vote for clarity. Be creative elsewhere.
    *********************************************************************************

• I often get a bit confused with invitations in general and I know many other people who do as well. I agree with everyone else that "Accepts" and "Regrets" or "Declines" is best.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:
    I often get a bit confused with invitations in general and I know many other people who do as well. I agree with everyone else that "Accepts" and "Regrets" or "Declines" is best.
    Agreed.  I also agree that you shouldn't decide HOW I accept and decline; i.e. maybe I'm declining with happiness and joy and not any regret at all.  Maybe I'm accepting under duress and without any pleasure.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards