Snarky Brides
Options

Can I have a moment to snark on my FSIL?

Do you guys remember my threads about how awful my FSIL is?

And how much she flipped out that her kids aren't being invited to our wedding when "Weddings are for FAMILY!  You don't know what family is!!"

I just found out she didn't bring her son to her wedding.  I know she was well within her rights to do whatever she wanted for her wedding but I'm just over here choking on hypocrisy.  Possibly irony as well.

Remember the thread on brides and child free weddings and how the brides who don't want kids at their weddings are the first to balk when their kids aren't invited?  PROOF.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Can I have a moment to snark on my FSIL?

• Options
    So this is the sister of your FI?  Remind me again why you aren't inviting your FI's nieces/nephews to your wedding?

That just seems like a recipe for disaster to me, and I'm not really a "kid" person.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    FI doesn't want to have them there (Which I agree with.  I told them if he wants them there and/or if it makes life easier for him to invite them I don't care but he isn't budging on it).

They are really horribly behaved and FSIL is notorious for thinking they're above correcting, letting them do whatever they want and screaming at anyone who asks them to stop.  (We didn't tell her any of this)

The hypocrisy of the whole thing really blew me away, I can't believe the trouble she started 'because family' when her (oldest, now adult) son got planted with a babysitter for the her own wedding.  Kind of screams special snowflake to me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards