Wedding Etiquette Forum

Dress?

Scenario: The lead female singer of your wedding band shows up to perform at your reception in a cream colored dress. Appropriate or Inappropriate?

Re: Dress?

• It's fine.
  • caityhady said:

Scenario: The lead female singer of your wedding band shows up to perform at your reception in a cream colored dress. Appropriate or Inappropriate?

Cut that bitch. If your wedding dress doesn't have a bright red blood stain on it, nobody is gonna question who the bride is. The misconception is real.

• Count me in the "who cares?" camp. What a total non-issue.
    *********************************************************************************

• My MIL wore a champagne colored dress to our wedding and you know what?  She looked FABULOUS.

Oh, and my FSIL wore the same color as my MOH.  OH THE HORROR.  :)  
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Appropriate. 

Agreed- no one will be confused about who the bride is. 
  • caityhady said:
    I say inappropriate just because I think society as a whole generally considers it to be inappropriate.  Is this a real situation?  Because, I would be shocked if a wedding singer did, just because they are so immersed in the industry you would think they would know people generally frown on anyone but the bride wearing white or a close-to-white shade.

Personally, I really don't care. I think it's silly to get up in arms over someone else wearing white to a wedding.
  • JFC. I can't imagine wasting one second giving a damn about this. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Wait.

You haven't been posting on this website in nearly 5 years. And THIS is what you come back with? 

• caityhady said:
    Throw a glass of red wine on her.

• It really doesn't matter. 

My wedding dress was all lace, and white. One of my guests wore an all lace white dress. I did not notice till I saw photos weeks later, and I did not care. No one confused her as the bride. My marriage is still valid. My reception was still super awesome and fun. So there ya go. 
  • It really doesn't matter. 

My wedding dress was all lace, and white. One of my guests wore an all lace white dress. I did not notice till I saw photos weeks later, and I did not care. No one confused her as the bride. My marriage is still valid. My reception was still super awesome and fun. So there ya go. 
    That deserves a do-over.  Start planning!

• I only think it's weird because most professional musicians (and I know quite a few who play the wedding circuit) wear black as a uniform. Sometimes with a pop of color (like a bright blue tie). White is an odd choice for a musician anyway. 

Total non-issue. 

• I only think it's weird because most professional musicians (and I know quite a few who play the wedding circuit) wear black as a uniform. Sometimes with a pop of color (like a bright blue tie). White is an odd choice for a musician anyway. 

Total non-issue. 

-------------pretend I'm a box--------------------------------

We hired a blue grass band to drive up from West Virginia for our wedding. They're not exclusively a wedding band but the lead guy told me they dress up for weddings. I walked into the reception and they were all in jeans and t-shirts. One of them had on suspenders I think. Again, I did not care. They sounded awesome, and I doubt the guests came to my wedding with the concern of what the band would be wearing.  

• bb2016bb2016 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Yeah I totally agree that it's not a big deal. No one is going to be confused. I would say that it is odd, like PPs have said, because someone involved in weddings regularly would know about the "rule" that only the bride can wear white. Or I suppose it could be possible that she didn't know and doesn't do weddings all the time. There are girls that grow up without going to weddings and don't learn all these petty rules.

Although, didn't bridesmaids originate as a way of deceiving evil spirits or something like that? So they all dressed identically to the bride? Can you imagine the horror! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Total non-issue. 

-------------pretend I'm a box--------------------------------

We hired a blue grass band to drive up from West Virginia for our wedding. They're not exclusively a wedding band but the lead guy told me they dress up for weddings. I walked into the reception and they were all in jeans and t-shirts. One of them had on suspenders I think. Again, I did not care. They sounded awesome, and I doubt the guests came to my wedding with the concern of what the band would be wearing.  

I'm giggling that jeans and t-shirts is "dressing up." But bluegrass is great! I agree no one cares what the band wears. And jeans sounds appropriate for bluegrass anyway.

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    bb2016 said:
    Although, didn't bridesmaids originate as a way of deceiving evil spirits or something like that? So they all dressed identically to the bride? Can you imagine the horror! 

That's right! And remember how Pippa wore an ivory satin dress to Kate and Will's wedding. I'm quite sure her dress had to seek approval first. 

I mean, she did draw quite a bit of attention in that dress (because she looked fabulous), but no one confused her for the bride, nor did Kate look any less fabulous in her own dress. 
  • caityhady said:
    Appropriate.

Do you really think ppl will mistake the lead singer of your wedding band for you, the bride?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards