Getting in Shape

80 days until the wedding and I need to lose 2 inches in the hips - help!

I went in for my dress alterations and she kindly encouraged me to lose 2 inches around my hips as my dress doesn't have much for extra material in that area.  I'm on day 4 of watching my caloric intake and trying to get into running. Anyone have any tips to share?

Re: 80 days until the wedding and I need to lose 2 inches in the hips - help!

• Ok, full disclosure, I don't work for beachbody- I don't promote their products to make $$$. I'm just a sucker for the workout programs because I've seen decent results from them and I like working out at home.

I had a good amount of success doing 21 day fix.  After my first round I lost 1.2 inches from my hips, 2 inches from my waist, and inch from my chest...  It's expensive (I think around $70 or so) but it does work.  It comes with a meal plan that is easy to follow- even easier than counting calories.  I'd say it's worth a try if you can fit in a 30 minute workout everyday.  Each day is a different workout targeting a different area.  And if you don't have any luck, just return it and get your money back.  This is the program I'm using to lose weight for the wedding and honeymoon and I enjoy it.  

On a side note, I took up running a couple of summers ago when I wanted to lose weight. I actually didn't notice much of a difference in my measurements... it sucked.  But I was able to run a 10k which was cool.  A friend of mine just did a half marathon, training for months.  She pretty much only ran during those 3 months and she didn't lose weight.  I think if you want to lose inches, you need to do a mixture of activity. 

• I'll recommend barre.  It's an amazing workout and I've never seen results from any exercise routine I've done that are as obvious as this.  I've been doing it for almost 3 months and have lost inches in every area (I have my FI measure me once a month).  Like PP's other suggestion, it is expensive - but in my area there are a ton of Groupons/Living Social deals for different barre studios.  You could at least try a couple out to see if you like it.  It sounds cheesy but barre totally changed my life - it's addicting and makes you feel amazing!

I've tried running on and off forever and while you need the cardio and it will never hurt, I've never noticed a significant difference in my weight/measurements/muscle tone.  Good luck!!

• klk111415 said:
    Ok, full disclosure, I don't work for beachbody- I don't promote their products to make $$$. I'm just a sucker for the workout programs because I've seen decent results from them and I like working out at home.

I had a good amount of success doing 21 day fix.  After my first round I lost 1.2 inches from my hips, 2 inches from my waist, and inch from my chest...  It's expensive (I think around $70 or so) but it does work.  It comes with a meal plan that is easy to follow- even easier than counting calories.  I'd say it's worth a try if you can fit in a 30 minute workout everyday.  Each day is a different workout targeting a different area.  And if you don't have any luck, just return it and get your money back.  This is the program I'm using to lose weight for the wedding and honeymoon and I enjoy it.  

On a side note, I took up running a couple of summers ago when I wanted to lose weight. I actually didn't notice much of a difference in my measurements... it sucked.  But I was able to run a 10k which was cool.  A friend of mine just did a half marathon, training for months.  She pretty much only ran during those 3 months and she didn't lose weight.  I think if you want to lose inches, you need to do a mixture of activity. 

Also not someone that works for BB, but also would highly recommend the 21 day fix. I lost about 15 lbs in the first round, I had to drastically change my eating habits. You could probably bootleg the diet by figuring out the measurements of the containers, I know that they have the information for what goes in them on the web because I've seen it around. I'd always suggest buying it though for the workouts, I really liked them! I never measure myself because I use dietbet and you only have to submit weight, and I only track that. 
  • I've been doing a mixture of personal training, crossfit, and running and that mix has been working for me. I would highly recommend doing different types of training, especially weights! The heavy weights have been making my body burn fat much faster than straight cardio. Just control appetite as I've noticed I will literally eat everything in the house until someone tells me to stop or I run out of food.
  • justsie said:

klk111415 said:

Ok, full disclosure, I don't work for beachbody- I don't promote their products to make $$$. I'm just a sucker for the workout programs because I've seen decent results from them and I like working out at home.

Also not someone that works for BB, but also would highly recommend the 21 day fix. I lost about 15 lbs in the first round, I had to drastically change my eating habits. You could probably bootleg the diet by figuring out the measurements of the containers, I know that they have the information for what goes in them on the web because I've seen it around. I'd always suggest buying it though for the workouts, I really liked them! I never measure myself because I use dietbet and you only have to submit weight, and I only track that. 

Ive been considering 21 Day Fix, my FSIL recommended it to me. I kind of want to try it!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• 21 Day Fix is great. I have both the regular program and the Extreme.  It helped me reach my goals before my wedding and was doing it before I found out I was expecting.  I do still follow the meal plan, I just adjust for the extra food I need so I moved up a bracket.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards