Not Engaged Yet

Thursday - $10 Woman

13»

Re: Thursday - $10 Woman

• @knockonwood5127 - Focus on what you know is happening. You are going out on a nice date to celebrate school ending with your BF. That is what is happening and that should be enough. By trying to read into things your BF says you are only going to ruin things for yourself. Make a conscious effort to tell yourself "Did he say he's going to propose? No, he said we are going out to celebrate school ending" repeat as necessary. I also find it helps not to bring friends into it because they will probably just feed the crazy fire.

• @eilis1228 @bethsmiles Thanks, ladies! I know I need to just focus on having a fun night on Saturday without expecting anything. And I definitely haven't talked to any other friends about it since the whole fiasco on Tuesday! It's hard to have all of these suspicions without being able to talk to anyone about it - I'm such a logical person that it's like a puzzle I need to figure out, but if I figure it out then that ruins his fun and all of the thought he's put into it!
  • @knockonwood5127 - i agree with everything PP have said. i think you can pretty much look at any situation and find "signs" if you look hard enough, so id suggest just putting it out of your mind completely and focusing on what you do know: BF is taking you out to dinner and  you're getting your nails done. sounds like a fantastic night to me!

@caseface5 - my heart would have been going wild too if BF crouched down. 3-4 years ago i was dating someone and thought we were close to getting engaged and at xmas there was a small ring box under the tree. as i picked it up my heart starting going wild and i thought OMG this is it!!!!! but then i read the tag and it was to my mom from my dad. whoops! :)

@eilis1228 - great advice. until you are presented with an e-ring you never *really* know for sure that it's on its way. yes, i know BF bought a ring but you're right.....i dont know for 100% certain it's my ring.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards