Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Married 6/15/2015!

Hotel for the girls - Treasure Island- C-

I stayed here with my girlfriends as we all got in on Friday. My parents and one of my brothers also stayed here. As we were waiting for my parents to get arrive from the airport (they rented a car), we noticed someone slip in what appeared to be vomit, so that was gross. The rooms were small, but I wasn't expecting luxury. They only provided 4 bath towels for a room with two queen bed and four girls. I thought that was a bit ridiculous, and the towels weren't very absorbent. I also did not appreciate how unlike most hotel where you can just leave your towels on the ground and they'll change them out, we actually had to call housekeeping each day for fresh ones. They also never brought us additional towels despite our request. The day of the wedding we needed a sewing kit, and after waiting on hold 5 minutes the concierge told my sister that CVS may have one. FYI, my brother found one in the hotel's essential shop...Furthermore the day of the wedding housekeeping kept coming by to clean. When my friend called them that evening for fresh towels and linens (first time requesting fresh linens) the girl was very rude about it, even though my friend said we were getting ready for a wedding when they came before. I would not use this hotel again. The plus side was that there were no bed bugs. 

Chapel- A Little White Wedding Chapel- A

Everyone had a great time here! It was very hot...we weren't thinking an booked for the middle of the afternoon! Yikes! They did let us switch from a gazebo ceremony to inside, but it was still super hot...some of the staff said it was because the owners were cheap, others said the ac wasn't working right. It was still so much fun though. We had our wedding streamed for an additional $99, and had an Elvis perform. We paid for the 36 photo package, but we're given 60 by the photographer who did a great job. We received the photos yesterday afternoon. Despite the heat, we had a blast, and lots of people said it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to. My mom even said they would probably be back to renew their vows in a few years.

Reception venue – Wicked Spoon at the Cosmopolitan – A+

It was great! Our waitress was wonderful! We ran a bit overtime, but we not charged. The food was great, I just wish I had been able to eat more. Everyone said it was the best reception food they had ever had. We had a champagne toast with the champagne we pre-selected, and they filled those glasses pretty full. We asked our guest to stick to a two drink max...though we didn't really monitor and I don't think everyone drank. We did not opt to do a private room and there ended up being 21 of us. We had budgeted $1900, but ended up at $1500. Rose was also very easy to work with when we were booking. Thanks to everyone who recommended this buffet!

The Hotel for Wedding Night- Cosmopolitan Wrap Around Terrace- A+

We love the Cosmopolitan. We've stayed before but never in this suite. It was so nice! The room was huge. It had two full baths, and 3 entrances to the terrace. We had some friends come up after the reception and we all had a great time watching the Bellagio Fountains. I wished we had booked the hotel more than one night, though by then I was really ready to go home. 

Our wedding was so much fun! We got so many compliments on how fun it was and how great the food was. It was very low stress, and everything went off pretty well. My sister was nice enough to do my hair and makeup, so that was one less thing for me to worry about. We did end up staying an extra night at the Golden Nugget since out flight home was cancelled due to Tropical Storm Bill. Side note us girls had decided we all wished we had stayed there instead of Treasure Island. My husband and I hung out with my sister and best friend and visited the Downtown Container Park and ate lots of food. It was a great extra day. 

Re: Married 6/15/2015!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards