Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Same person for hair and make up?

Hi all --

What are your thoughts on hiring a separate hair and make up person OR hiring one person to do both?

I heard that it is not good to have the same person do both as their specialty is either in just hair or just makeup.  But looking at prices, it is a lot cheaper to have the same person do both. 

I am just worried that they will be either really good at hair and just ok at makeup, or vice versa.

What are your thoughts/experiences with this?

Thanks!

Re: Same person for hair and make up?

• As long as you have the time, I see no problem with hiring one person to do both. I would absolutly have a trial run with both so you can figure out timing and see the product beforehand. 
  • I went with a wedding vendor whose company provided make-up and hair design. The owner of the company ensures that her senior and junior artists are skilled in both areas. She has a little boutique shop where they have trials. They only do weddings/special events. They also travel to you - and for large parties she'll come with an assistant or two.  

I would never trust a salon with my bridal hair and make-up needs. I like the idea of one person knowing my vision. 

• misskinababymisskinababy member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    I had one girl do hair and makeup for my wedding and she did an AMAZING job. She did me, two bridesmaids, MOH (makeup only), and MOB. Just make sure that you allot enough time for everyone in the bridal party. And allow at least 2 hours for the bride.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards