Wedding Woes

Oh Monday...

How was the weekend?

Ours was really great.  We did an early dinner with the IL's and then went to their house to hang out.  Yesterday, DH went shooting with the kiddo and then we went to my parent's house for dinner.  

Also, I got some excellent deals at ON this weekend.  I think I'm ready for the beach!! :D

DH's interview is tomorrow and my dad is having surgery.  I'm ready to have tomorrow over with.  

Re: Oh Monday...

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Good Morning!  <<<<that's a lie

I'm feeling a bit out of sorts.  I woke up hungry, not hungry, oh wait...hungry...nope.  :-/  But I'm still getting my coffee in and when hunger hits, I'm feeding myself. 

Weekend was mostly good.  I spent a good portion of the weekend just relaxing and working with H on a few things.  I did take my parents out for dinner on Saturday for Father's Day so that was really nice to do.

H worked on Sunday which meant I could do what I wanted which was EXTRA nice. 

My story for the weekend was the fact that H and I had to cut down a really nice crab apple tree that was damaged during some construction, and in doing so---a nest with eggs fell out and a robin then wistfully sat by the tree stump all weekend and looked for her home.  I was sad...I need to replant a new tree for the ones that have been removed.
  • This was probably one of the best weekends I've had ever.

Friday I officiated my first wedding.  It was for 2 very dear friends and their family.  I think we only had 12 guests.  I didn't cry during their shared vows, until the very end where I let one tear escape and quickly took care of it.  They loved their ceremony; I loved their faces.  It was an incredibly uplifting, empowering, and humbling experience to participate in.

Saturday was Pride.  The day was pretty hot, but there was a nice breeze blowing to help keep the air moving.  We had learned a lot from last year, so the booth ran smoothly and easily.  The guest we brought in for the invocation and the keynote speaker was brilliant.  We were sitting in the audience when he blatantly said, "I am a Humanist and that means I don't believe in God."  There was a pretty big blanch from the audience, but no one was rude.  He said he had so many people coming up to him afterwards to thank him.  He just kept sending them right over to our booth.  :)  

Then the Sunday event we hosted for Pride with the same guest was just lovely.  It was intimate feeling, he shared his coming out story and how the LGBTQ+ community and the secular community are intersecting, and was just flat out inspiring to everyone.  Basically, this speaker has about 30 new fan boys/girls.  :D  

This was a huge thing for our new group and a big boost to my leadership.  Not only that, but a core group of people are starting to emerge as leaders as well, which means I'm not in this alone.  There was one confrontation with my old secular group at Pride, b/c they also had a booth, but it was handled by our group member that it happened to with ease.  And TBH, I did have a moment of SUCK IT.  If the people who had put so many barriers in my way had let me lead like I wanted to, with the vision that I had, and helped me do that rather than sticking to their formula of eating out and bookclubs, that group's name would've been announced from the community stage 10 times instead of the new group.  Oh well.  :)
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I was off work last week, but am back now.  My head regrets me being back.

We had a crazycakes week.  flooding basement.  flooding garage.  broken door.  other broken door.  But I accomplished some stuff, got a resume into a very promising position, and didn't murder anyone.

Although the Mr. has been being a PITA a lot recently.
  • We had Son's birthday party on Saturday.  It was nice to have everyone together .  He's been saving his money since last birthday and now has enough to buy himself a PS4 and a few games.

Then that night he had a game.  Not only did he pitch a great game, but he hit two home runs!  It was awesome.

Yesterday we grilled out for Father's Day.  Not to brag, but I sort of killed it this year with gifts.  The girls each made an awesome book about him and all three kids gave him a baseball with their handprints on them.  They also gave him a new hat (a father's day tradition) and DD1 had two things to give him that she made at school.  He loved it all.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @GBCK that's a lot for one week.  I'm sorry to hear your week was rough.

*vibes for your resume submission though*
  • Boo GBCK.  Good luck with the job. 
  • tawillers said:

Then that night he had a game.  Not only did he pitch a great game, but he hit two home runs!  It was awesome.

That's pretty awesome. I don't know much about baseball, but aren't pitchers usually pretty crummy hitters?
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Ugh GB.

This weekend was odd.  Friday I went to MIL's to swim, but it was cold and raining so we ended up at a little science place in our coverups and flip flops.  We got half way home when we found out the cancelled baseball. They rescheduled for Saturday am that also got cancelled.

Saturday we went back to ILs for DH's 20 year reunion.  It was interesting: Lots of people smoking, DH's high school girlfriend, a drunkard face plant, and some genuine laughter.

Sunday we visited FIL then came home.  DH cut the grass and grilled his own dinner (that he also bought). 

I'm actually meeting up with one of DH's classmates at the zoo tomorrow.  Should be fun.

• *Barbie* said:
    tawillers said:

That's pretty awesome. I don't know much about baseball, but aren't pitchers usually pretty crummy hitters?
    Usually.  They tend to work more on pitching than anything as they get older and older.  Son is definitely a hitter and while he really is a good pitcher, he's a better catcher, which is his primary position.  It's why they moved him up from the freshman team to the sophomore team as an 8th grader.  He's just really good.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards