Wedding Woes

It's only Tues...boo.

How's it going?

It's dreary here.  I'm trying to not think about my dad's surgery or DH's interview.  At least it will all be over with today. 

I did get a hotel booked at our halfway point for the trip out to NC.  :D 3.5 more weeks. 

DH and I are thinking about expanding our pantry when we do new counters in the kitchen because it's really small.  After the job stuff gets settled and he finishes the mini-barn, we might start talking to contractors about our counters and the pantry.  EEEEE!!  I also have him close to letting me replace all our appliances to a matching set vs. just replacing the fridge. 

We actually talked a lot about home improvement and renos this weekend.  We're on the same page and timeline.  I'm hoping we can start the kitchen this fall.  

A couple raves from the weekend: 

Costco has a cranberry almond chicken salad and it's amazing. 

I got the cutest sunhat from JCP for FREE because it was $10 and I had a $10 off $10 coupon. 

I also got some awesome deals at Old Navy.  I need to go back and buy their racerback tank in every color because it's super comfy and looks great.  I wish I would have bought more at $2 on Saturday. 
Old Navy tanks are the best. 

Re: It's only Tues...boo.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Good luck to the conns today.

I never thought I would care about baseball but I did last night. The other team was asshats all season so I'm glad we beat them. Apparently at tourney level they bring in a high school player to ump. The other coaches started to get in his face over an admittedly bad call. Still high school kid umping little league.

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Good Morning!!  <<less lie more truth

The sun is shining, and I'm mostly feeling better today.  I did wake up all stuffy but I'll take it if my stomach is better.

Good Luck to you, Conn, sounds like a somewhat eventful day.

I am very excited because I got some bumper plates last night, most of you will think (or already do) that I'm a nutso.  But, it's a rubber covered 45# plate rather than the regulars so when I'm doing heavy lifts I can just let go and let it bounce a bit rather than strain to rack/finish my set.  YAY. 

Also, 6---it's crappy that adults have to ruin the sport for their own kids.
  • Good vibes for the connfamily.

Sleepy today, still trying to catch up from Pride.  After all that work this weekend, the group had to go attend a city council meeting b/c new councilperson out to prove his agenda, is trying to get "in god we trust" installed as the city motto.  They tabled it, so good.

I hope I don't have anything this next weekend, I need a break.

• DH and I are thinking about expanding our pantry when we do new counters in the kitchen because it's really small. 

I also got some awesome deals at Old Navy.  I need to go back and buy their racerback tank in every color because it's super comfy and looks great.  I wish I would have bought more at $2 on Saturday. 
    Old Navy tanks are the best. 
    Do it, do it!  When we moved, our new pantry was so much bigger, and a year later, I still love it.  DS goes in there to play, FFS.  Right now, with summer and camp and swim and everything, I have all the giant Costco boxes of snacks, and the kids can just go in and grab an applesauce, cereal bar, w/e.  DH says it looks like a convenience store, but I love it.
  • 0Face0Face member
    I'm jealous of all your pantries.  TRUE STORY.
  • I'm currently in a 6 hour in-person meeting. Only positive of this situation is that the Project Manager is buying us lunch.
  • Ugh, Barbie.  I can't handle meetings.  
  • Meetings are about 50% of my job - ties into the project management aspect. I'm either in the meetings to develop a plan for them to purchase things or troubleshoot when there are purchasing issues. My biggest project (~$60MM) is driving me a bit crazy with the meetings. I told the project engineer that he needed to stop setting up meetings during lunch or for 4+ straight hours unless he planned to feed us.

Most of the people I support are outside of TX, so I generally only call in - but this one is being engineered by a team in Houston, so I have to attend in person. 

• If I'm running the meeting, I can handle it.  I get so tired of people wasting time and going off topic at meetings.  Ask the question, get it answered/debated/brainstormed, move on.  If you have another questions, we'll have this new business stuff at the end, okay?

I've just had too many lately.  There's a time for complaining, I get it, but this is not it.  And since I can't actually tell people to STFU...well, it's not my strong suit.  It always seems like we have meetings for things we don't need, but when we do need a meeting everyone's busy.
  • I keep reading the title of this post as "it's only tues, boo!" with boo meaning sweetie/shortie instead of a thumbs down. And I keep thinking, aw, boo, I know. You're my boo, too, mrs.conn.
  • AuntFlo said:
    I keep reading the title of this post as "it's only tues, boo!" with boo meaning sweetie/shortie instead of a thumbs down. And I keep thinking, aw, boo, I know. You're my boo, too, mrs.conn.
    Boo is out, bae is in.  

You can be my knot bae, AF.  ;)
  • they delivered lunch about 20 minutes ago, and people wont shut up
  • Between work, the house crap, and just life I am ready to run away. Current house will hopefully be listed this week, we will hopefully make an offer on the other house this week, and I pray work will calm down by Friday. I will probably drink heavily this week (while I clean and lack of course). Now I'm off to go crawl under a rock.
  • Cleaning and 'lacking' are a bitch.  ;)  Drinking is required. 
  • 0Face0Face member

VarunaTT said:
    If I'm running the meeting, I can handle it.  I get so tired of people wasting time and going off topic at meetings.  Ask the question, get it answered/debated/brainstormed, move on.  If you have another questions, we'll have this new business stuff at the end, okay?

I've just had too many lately.  There's a time for complaining, I get it, but this is not it.  And since I can't actually tell people to STFU...well, it's not my strong suit.  It always seems like we have meetings for things we don't need, but when we do need a meeting everyone's busy.

I have this issue with coworker who straight up freaks about stupid stuff and doesn't about things that ACTUALLY MATTER.  I'm beginning to think he has an oxygen deficiency.
  • I just had to translate an e-mail chain between my boss' boss (Dutch) and one of the other managers (Indian) - hooray for global teams! (I'm hoping I guessed correctly and sent what they wanted.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards