Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

First time getting a facial

OMG! I am SO not a girly, pamper me, touch me type of girl. I love to be out in the garage learning how to pull and rebuild transmissions and weld and build stuff. Over vacation, my MOH and FMIL, sneaky little women, stole me for the morning and didn't tell me where we were going. They wanted me to "just try it," because the most I really do for myself is get my hair cut at a semi-pricey salon. I have to tell you ladies (and gents), getting a facial is one of THE MOST RELAXING things I have ever done. They were so proud that I actually enjoyed it (because they were right), and didn't fuss about going. I have to say, there are worse things to be kidnapped for! Ladies, anyone who is skeptical, or just kinda weirded out by someone touching you...just GO. The girl who did my facial was completely understanding that I had never done anything like that before, and explained everything before hand to make sure I would be comfortable with it. Bonus, I learned a few extra tips for balancing out those hormonal breakouts, and all the lotions/peels/masks smelled AMAZING!! I will definitely be treating my girls to a spa day before the wedding :)

Re: First time getting a facial

• Options
    OMG! I am SO not a girly, pamper me, touch me type of girl. I love to be out in the garage learning how to pull and rebuild transmissions and weld and build stuff. Over vacation, my MOH and FMIL, sneaky little women, stole me for the morning and didn't tell me where we were going. They wanted me to "just try it," because the most I really do for myself is get my hair cut at a semi-pricey salon. I have to tell you ladies (and gents), getting a facial is one of THE MOST RELAXING things I have ever done. They were so proud that I actually enjoyed it (because they were right), and didn't fuss about going. I have to say, there are worse things to be kidnapped for! Ladies, anyone who is skeptical, or just kinda weirded out by someone touching you...just GO. The girl who did my facial was completely understanding that I had never done anything like that before, and explained everything before hand to make sure I would be comfortable with it. Bonus, I learned a few extra tips for balancing out those hormonal breakouts, and all the lotions/peels/masks smelled AMAZING!! I will definitely be treating my girls to a spa day before the wedding :)
    That is great that you had a good time! Just make sure that you don't plan a facial right before the wedding. Sometimes they can irritate your face or bring out a few lurking pimples. Its best to give your face time to settle before hand.
  • Options
    justsie said:
    That is great that you had a good time! Just make sure that you don't plan a facial right before the wedding. Sometimes they can irritate your face or bring out a few lurking pimples. Its best to give your face time to settle before hand.
    True story. I got my facial a week prior to the wedding just to be sure and I get facials done every 4/5 weeks. Glad you had such a great time :) 

• Options
    Good to know!! I will definitely keep that in mind as the wedding gets closer, not TOO close to the day! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards