Not Engaged Yet

Help me pick a paint for my kitchen?

Trusty NEY ladies,

I want to paint the kitchen and have enlisted the help of my mother on Friday. I just don't know what color to go with. The previous owners painted each wall a different color. The focus wall in the kitchen is red and I hate it. The woodwork is white. 

This is close to the color we currently have in the living room

There is an extended doorway that looks right into the living room so it would have to somewhat go and not clash. We also have a green/gray granite, sage green and light gray tiled floor, and light wood cabinets. 

This was before we painted the woodwork white, but you can see the granite, floor,cabinets, and living room wall.

With the white woodwork

I was thinking maybe a tan/beige but would love input. I originally wanted to do a sage green, but I'm afraid that it would really clash with the color in the living room.
friends tv show funy

Re: Help me pick a paint for my kitchen?

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    Thanks! I've never heard of "greige" I'll have to check that out. I didn't think of bringing the swatch from the living room either. The previous owners left us the color swatches that we went with in case we ever needed them. 
    friends tv show funy
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    OOPS
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• agree with @cu97tiger on a greige :)
  • My kitchen is greige! 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

this is the color we used for our living room and master bedroom - Behr French Silver -- it looks amazing with white trim, and I think it would compliment the other colors in your kitchen. It has a blue undertone so looks silver, blue, grey, or purple depending on the lighting. 
  • That's my stove!! Haha I'll try both of these with the swatch from the living!
    friends tv show funy
  • I've always been a fan of light yellow in kitchens - I think it's warm and inviting (sorry if my sample picture is huge):

Anniversary
  • Oh I love the French Silver, we also used it for the nursery but went a little lighter.  The greige idea is good too.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards