Attire & Accessories Forum

Belt or no?

Here's my dress.

imageimage

I plan on wearing a cathedral length veil for the ceremony and, depending on my crafting ambition, a fascinator for the reception. Jewelry will probably be a bracelet and earrings. Do you guys think it needs a belt? If so, would you go jeweled or lace or plain ribbon or what? Since I bought a sample, mine did not include the accessories, but the dress originally came with a black sash with a huge bow, and a silver brooch at the top of the rosettes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Belt or no?

• I love it just like that, no dress accessories!
  • I think belts are great but do not think you need it here. That skirt is just magical and I would not want anything to distract from it. I feel like a belt might fight for attention.

You look beautiful!
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    I think a belt would distract from the line of the dress.  The gown has enough detail going on.  No belt.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Honestly, I think it looks pretty as is. A belt would distract and not do anything for that dress.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I agree with PP's, I think that dress is best without a belt. I think a belt would cut off the shape of the dress. If you are still on the fence about it, I would try one on with it and see how it looks.

• I'm going to be controversial and say I think a big sash would look lovely but the dress is beautiful as it is. I say try one on and see how you feel, if you rock the sash for your ceremony then you can always take it off for the reception and give yourself a slightly different look? I say this as a bride to be who has a massive bow on the back of my dress and I love it, so I am slightly biased. You'll look beautiful either way x
  • I'd also say no belt since the dress has a lot going on. The only belt that may work if you really wanted to try it, is a simple satin sash with minimal decor. I wouldn't do anything crystal or beaded.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Another vote for no belt!
  • Another knottie posted a picture of a similar dress with and without a belt, if that will help. I personally think a simple blingy belt like the one pictured here would look really nice. 

Link here
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards