Chit Chat

Confession...

Let's have some fun on a Thursday!

Sometimes I add an item to my "to do" list right after I did it just so I can cross it off.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Confession...

• I have two:

I have been trying to eat healthier. Last night DH and I were so busy cleaning and prepping food (for our friends who are joining us for dinner tonight) that he just wanted to order a pizza even though we had things we could have cooked. I totally caved.

The summers at my job are SO incredibly dull - no joke, I basically have nothing to do. I try to fill the time by knotting and watching netflix. It really makes me feel guilty though to think about the amount of time I spend each summer NOT working.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Let's have some fun on a Thursday!

Sometimes I add an item to my "to do" list right after I did it just so I can cross it off.

Guilty.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

I do something similar.  Each weekend I make a to do list and always put on there "vacuum/dust, laundry, change sheets/towels" because these are my regular occurring house chores and would get done whether or not I had a to do list.  But crossing them off/erasing them off my white board just makes me feel like I got stuff done, even though I really didn't get any of the other real to do list items done.

• Confession:

Today will likely be the first time I sneak a peek at my registry!  My willpower has faded :)
  • Confession: Next Thursday is my last day as full time at my job and I am just shuffling papers around my desk pretending to be busy. 
  • Confession:  I plan on ordering movies from pay per view at the  hotel during the 6 hour gap between the ceremony and reception at FI's friend's wedding.  I know they're expensive, but it's a financial protest to my husband who is in the wedding party to let him know that I am going but not happy about it.  He doesn't think it's that big of a deal (probably because he'll have something to do. Lol.)

I do this "to do" thing all the time too! In fact, I've already done it twice today.

Also, I ate chocolate chip cookies for breakfast this morning. I justify this by pointing out that I have only eaten vegetables for lunch & dinner all week because I'm trying to eat up a full CSA share by myself as my H is out of town this week. My consumption of folic acid in the form of leafy green vegetables has been so high this past week that I feel like I need to start TTC - forget the prenatal vitamins!
  • Confession:

I wish someone would take in my foster kitten already because taking care of him (he's recovering from surgery) is a lot more stressful than I thought it would be and I feel like a terrible person for even thinking that.

• ashtsbashtsb member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    Confession:

I drink a whole 2 liter of pop in 2 days then buy another one so nobody notices all the pops gone already!
  • Confession:  I plan on ordering movies from pay per view at the  hotel during the 6 hour gap between the ceremony and reception at FI's friend's wedding.  I know they're expensive, but it's a financial protest to my husband who is in the wedding party to let him know that I am going but not happy about it.  He doesn't think it's that big of a deal (probably because he'll have something to do. Lol.)

Confession: I just went to a wedding where there was a pretty long gap - 4 hours. I had told my boyfriend a while back that I was not a big fan of this but I will find something to do. I ended up loving the gap! My boyfriend was in the wedding so he had to go with the bridal party for photos. He later told me they took like 5 photos and then ended up standing around until right before the reception. He wasn't too thrilled. I, on the other hand, had a great time with his cousins and we drank, watched movies, and I did some crocheting. That was the only etiquette faux pas in the whole wedding and the reception and ceremony were perfect.
  • Its actually been researched, the whole adding things you've already done to cross them off. It gives you a sense of productivity- so it can either help you or hurt you :)

Confession: I scheduled my eye appointment for today instead of yesterday when I called them because I wanted to go all day yesterday without putting on a bra. (I have off W/TH). I did.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    There is a jar of cream cheese frosting in the fridge from a staff members birthday party last week. I was the first one in this morning and I totally stuck a spoon into it and surripetiously ate a big glob of it before anyone came in.
    I do that with the giant jar of nutella here.  I don't double dip or anything but I do feel guilty if someone walks in with a giant nutella spoon in my mouth
  • kvruns said:
    There is a jar of cream cheese frosting in the fridge from a staff members birthday party last week. I was the first one in this morning and I totally stuck a spoon into it and surripetiously ate a big glob of it before anyone came in.
    I do that with the giant jar of nutella here.  I don't double dip or anything but I do feel guilty if someone walks in with a giant nutella spoon in my mouth
    I have this jar of Biscoff European Cookie Spread sitting in my office that every once and a while I'll scoop out a spoonful and eat it while working. So heavenly . . .
  • kvruns said:
    I was cooking dinner last night with an open jar of  nutella on the counter. I ate a ton of it before dinner was even finished and I'm not at all sorry for it.
  • Confession: Someone confessed about ordering pizza and now I plan on ordering pizza while H is at work tonight.

• sarahufl said:
    kvruns said:
    I was cooking dinner last night with an open jar of  nutella on the counter. I ate a ton of it before dinner was even finished and I'm not at all sorry for it.
    I mean, it's an open jar of nutella.....Oh, now it's empty..?
    lol, I just love that gif.
  • I just learned that SIL is moving in with us for the rest of the summer. Her BF just broke up with her and she's in town until summer break ends. I like her, though I'm not thrilled about another person in our tiny house. My confession? I'm already looking at this as an excuse for DH and I to schedule weekends away. It's not being supportive of SIL but we it can be hard to find a dog sitter....

Also, I started unpacking from our trip last night. More specifically, I started searching through the bag for hair goop and discovered that everything got covered in The Kid's nasty ass body wash (Axe). All of the shit went into the garbage. I could have washed everything off, etc. but life's too short to stink of teen boy.

And now I need pizza.
  • jenna8984 said:

Confession- I have been lurking for a month and it's boring as shit so I think this will mark my return

Is your confession that you plan to stir up shit to make it more interesting or....what? Cause, this shit is boring so I'm gonna come back makes so fucking sense otherwise.
  • mrscomposermrscomposer member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2015

I have online assessments that need to be done for the new recruiting firm I'm hooking up with for my job transition.  I'm totally doing them at work.

Also, I Knot at work all. the. time.  But that's not really so much a confession as a 'hey, me too!'

ETA: I eat a whole big bag of chips at a time.  The whole damn thing.  J asked if I wanted to get the family sized, and I had to say no because I know I would just eat the whole thing anyway.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    jenna8984 said:

Confession- I have been lurking for a month and it's boring as shit so I think this will mark my return

Is your confession that you plan to stir up shit to make it more interesting or....what? Cause, this shit is boring so I'm gonna come back makes so fucking sense otherwise.
    I think she means it's boring to just lurk and not actually interact with people? I did that for a minute when I couldn't get signed in and I agree that it's boring a shit. 

ETA: and by "a minute" I mean like 4 days lol 
  • jenna8984 said:

I think she means it's boring to just lurk and not actually interact with people? I did that for a minute when I couldn't get signed in and I agree that it's boring a shit. 

ETA: and by "a minute" I mean like 4 days lol 
    Yup, not the threads are boring. That it's pretty boring to just read them without participating.

• I fart in my office...I have to stop that before we move to a new building with cubes, or it won't be much a confession as everyone will know :smirk:
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Another confession: On days when bossman isn't in the office and its just me and the other girl, when she leaves for lunch I turn on 80s music and Knot around for about 58 minutes before she gets back :)  

Another confession: I just joined the iPhone world yesterday and I'm learning how to Instagram and it's way harder than I thought. 
  • Another confession: On days when bossman isn't in the office and its just me and the other girl, when she leaves for lunch I turn on 80s music and Knot around for about 58 minutes before she gets back :)  

Another confession: I just joined the iPhone world yesterday and I'm learning how to Instagram and it's way harder than I thought. 
    BRIDGET! You're not supposed to listen to music on your lunch break!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards