California-Inland Empire

Where to get cake?

We went to one place today and they are charging $6 plus for non-wedding tiered cakes. The employee said the last tiered cake that he sold was $420 for 50 people. He couldn't give me exact number since it isn't his department but he was willing to give me an idea. Our guest list has about 130 people and we don't want to spend more than $1000 for it. Can anyone recommend a bakery that does tastings? Inland Empire or LA county? Thank you so much.

Re: Where to get cake?

• My fiancé and I went to Cucamonga Cakery in Rancho Cucamonga for our wedding cake, granted pricing was included with our venue contract, but their pricing isn't horrendous.

They do cake tastings and have billions if colors they can work with.

www.cucamongacakery.com

Wedding cakes
    Buttercream = $5.50 per slice
    Fondant/Chocolate Ganache = $6.50 per slice
    Elaborate designs may incur extra charges (ex. Gum paste flowers)
    Delivery charge may apply

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Elegance on Display in Fallbrook. The pricing for a simple decorated cake starts at $4 per serving. (of course the more detailed the more expensive) They do free tastings, but depending on where your venue is it may be out of the way for you.

Something to consider if you are on a tight cake budget with lots of people...cupcakes with a very small top tier for cutting. That is what we are doing and it saved us quite a bit in the grand scheme of things. 

Of course, it is not traditional, so if you are the traditional type forget I brought it up :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards