Chit Chat

Wedding freebies and contests....

Anyone know any good websites for wedding stuff for free or freebies online or even contests or giveaways to enter? I'm just enjoying wedding planning and thought of any really work it would be fun....thanks!

Re: Wedding freebies and contests....

• Anyone know any good websites for wedding stuff for free or freebies online or even contests or giveaways to enter? I'm just enjoying wedding planning and thought of any really work it would be fun....thanks!
    Since you aren't engaged, I suggest you use this time to make a budget and get started on a savings plan.  The best thing you can do at this period of your (pre)-planning is get a handle on your personal finances; figure out your living budget and how much you have left over each month.  Then you can figure out how long it will take to save whatever amount you think you will need for the wedding.

Keep in mind even if you do find a wedding "freebie," you won't have much control over the details of it-- for example, I sometimes see photographers running contests on their Facebook pages for a free photo package.  But it's usually the most basic package.  And you'll want to be sure you actually like that photographer's work before you bother with entering the contest. 

And a piece of FREE advice: you should go into wedding planning expecting that the only people who will pay for the wedding are the two people getting married.  Plan a wedding that you want within your own budget, and the whole process will be a lot easier.  Don't count on family helping out or winning anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Thanks. That was brutally honest and to the point. We do intend to pay for our wedding ourselves but I was just looking for stuff for fun....I want to do a lot of details myself also...my sisters are crafty and creative...we plan for May 2017 so I'm starting to save I have $1000.00 saved so far
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards