Moms and Maids
Options

XP: PSA: Brides - Pinterest is not your friend

Pinterest will lie to you, it will show you pretty, stylised pictures of what could be with great lighting, a group of fairy folk and all the time and money in the world. 

Pinterest gives you lists upon lists of things that your Bridesmaids, groomsmen, photographers, people wandering by etc, should be doing for you leading up to your wedding day. They are wrong.

Pinterest wants you to spend your money, it wants you to fantasize and then, spend, spend, spend! Why do you think you see the same posts over and over again?

So please Brides, for the sake of your friendships and your marriages, please take Pinterest with a grain of salt and if you can't, stay off it.

Re: XP: PSA: Brides - Pinterest is not your friend

• Options
    Don't get your wedding etiquette advice from anyone that profits from the wedding industry. Their goal is to convince you and your friends that they must spend money on your  wedding, so they create lists of duties for your WP, guests, parents. They don't care if any of these people are still speaking to you after your wedding. Brides and Grooms are not excused from normal, everday etiquette for their big day. 

• Options
    I like pinterest for some things, it gives me interesting DIY ideas to keep things within the budget. Granted, I'm particular about what I want, and have a real budget, so I use it to get ideas, none of that list crap though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I am a pinterest WHORE and a huge DIY'er but the best advice I ever got was once you get engaged don't go on pinterest! Sometimes you spend more money on supplies than if you just outright  bought it done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards