Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Outdoor ceremony/mic ideas?

I am having an outdoor wedding and am contemplating an outdoor mic/PA system. What does everyone else recommend/seen or have done? I thought of buying a little mic and speaker perhaps but don't know what the best route would be. I want everyone to hear.

Ideas?

Re: Outdoor ceremony/mic ideas?

• Why would you buy a mic and speaker when one is provided for you? I'm confused. If you can use the mic and PA system, why would you buy another one?

• Why would you buy a mic and speaker when one is provided for you? I'm confused. If you can use the mic and PA system, why would you buy another one?
    Her post does not say that one is provided for her.  Apparently she wants to buy one because she DOESN'T have one.
  • Jen4948 said:
    Why would you buy a mic and speaker when one is provided for you? I'm confused. If you can use the mic and PA system, why would you buy another one?
    Her post does not say that one is provided for her.  Apparently she wants to buy one because she DOESN'T have one.

Just use any speaker and mic you can get your hands on. If you have a large group or really any size group, you want everybody to be able to hear and hear all of the words clearly. And you don't want your ears blown out by the officiant shouting. I wouldn't necessarily purchase one though unless you'll use it again. A lot of venues and DJs can help with your need. Just ask.

• We rented ours for like $30.
  • we rented ours.  I forget the cost, but it wasn't much.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm going to be renting one- going in a couple weeks to the rental store to see what will work best.
  • Definitely rent one and have the company set up/take down so it's one less thing for you to worry about. It's worth it, trust me.

I think ours was around $100 - we had 4 speakers on stands set up in all 4 corners and then the officiant had a wireless mic. Then our DJ came to the ceremony site and plugged in with the music we told him we wanted. 
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards