Wedding Reception Forum

Transportation - How much did you pay for school buses?

This is my planning bugaboo as of late.  I'm trying to book school buses for guest transportation between the hotel and the venue.  I was not expecting them to be so expensive!!  Not sure why I just made up a figure of a few hundred bucks per bus in my head, but I've gotten quotes that range anywhere from $665 to $1100 per bus, plus gratuity.  EEEK.  It's pretty important to us to have guest shuttles, so I'm trying to find other things to cut so we can afford these.

I know this will of course vary by location, but for the ladies that did shuttle buses for your guests, is this pretty in-line with what you paid?  I've done some looking on my local (Boston) board but it's pretty dead over there.  Also concerned about transportation nightmares due to picking the cheapest option.  Thoughts/experiences/advice much appreciated!

Re: Transportation - How much did you pay for school buses?

• I live in VA - we are paying $37 per hour + $2.50ish per mile. So I think it will end up costing us about $700, and that's for one bus. We are shuttling probably 2-3 trips to the venue, and probably 4 trips back to the hotel at the end of the night (our venue is 12 or so miles away).
  • I live in VA - we are paying $37 per hour + $2.50ish per mile. So I think it will end up costing us about $700, and that's for one bus. We are shuttling probably 2-3 trips to the venue, and probably 4 trips back to the hotel at the end of the night (our venue is 12 or so miles away).
    Thanks!!  That's about what we're getting too.  Our venue is a little less than that distance away also.  I was considering just doing one bus and making multiple trips, but I got nervous that people would be waiting around for a long time before the ceremony if they took the first bus over.  Have you guys worked something out to minimize that?  Just looking for ideas.

• This is my planning bugaboo as of late.  I'm trying to book school buses for guest transportation between the hotel and the venue.  I was not expecting them to be so expensive!!  Not sure why I just made up a figure of a few hundred bucks per bus in my head, but I've gotten quotes that range anywhere from $665 to $1100 per bus, plus gratuity.  EEEK.  It's pretty important to us to have guest shuttles, so I'm trying to find other things to cut so we can afford these.

I know this will of course vary by location, but for the ladies that did shuttle buses for your guests, is this pretty in-line with what you paid?  I've done some looking on my local (Boston) board but it's pretty dead over there.  Also concerned about transportation nightmares due to picking the cheapest option.  Thoughts/experiences/advice much appreciated!
    I'm in MA/ NH and we are paying $300 for 2.5 hours with one bus. We just need it to bring guests to the ceremony site and then back to the hotel where the reception is being held and most people are staying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards