Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Blusher During Ceremony

Hi ladies!  For those of you who wore a blusher, did your dad put it back at the beginning of the ceremony, or did your husband when he kissed you?  If you wore it down during your ceremony, did it get in the way?  Mom mentioned that she remembers having to hold her blusher close when she and dad lit their Unity Candle.  While we are not having a Candle, we are braiding a Cord of Three Strands, and we're signing the Marriage Covenant during the ceremony.  I'm just wondering if the blusher is going to get in the way during this, or if I'll even really notice it.  I'm acutally wearing mom's veil and I can see almost perfectly through the blusher, it's just like a mist in front of me, but I'm just wondering what your experiences were.  Thanks so much!

Re: Blusher During Ceremony

• Options
    I will be getting married in a few weeks. I am wearing the blusher walking down the aisle, then my dad will turn it back and kiss me. I guess I am just such a girly girl...lol. We cannot have a Unity Candle, so it is not an issue for us, but I could see how it could be. I would just make sure your blusher is flipped back either by FI or your dad prior to signing the covenant and braiding the cord.
  • Options
    I would also say for dad to flip it too.. but do what your heart tells you.. yea you can even decide that day what to do lol you have plenty of time to think
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I guess I'm the oddball here - I found the blusher made me claustrophobic - when I tried it on for 10 minutes!  No blusher for me!

Enjoy using your mom's veil - that's really special.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had dad do it...I didn't even think of it the other way....I kind of think the dress people put this in my head and it was very nice...my dad was nervous though! I think my FI ( husband) would have freaked out if he had to do this to be honest
  • Options

After we exchanged rings & vows, my husband flipped the veil, and kissed me.  Then we lit our unity candles, so it did not get in our way at all.  It didn't make me claustrophobic either.  Do what your heart wants you to do.

Lesley and Casey I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, A church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife. ~Author Unknown
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_blusher-during-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:bee1b9b9-89ba-4e7c-aca2-9560b357299aPost:2b7cf7e0-9492-4755-a59a-00c66864060b">Re: Blusher During Ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess I'm the oddball here - I found the blusher made me claustrophobic - when I tried it on for 10 minutes!  No blusher for me! Enjoy using your mom's veil - that's really special.
    Posted by tdso008[/QUOTE]
    I never even thought about this.  I'm planning on wearing a blusher (probably should get onto ordering that) and didn't even think of how it would feel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards