Wedding Reception Forum

Website to purchase linens, rather than buying

Anyone familiar with websites to purchase table linens? Inexpensively? I was at Michael's yesterday and they had these gorgeous champagne color table linens. I asked if they were part of their rental services and they weren't but the lady told me she had purchased them last year for $4 each from
cheaplinens.com

I would probably have never purchased that on my own from just an Internet picture, but after seeing the quality firsthand, I think I will!

Well, that website is no longer up. But, if I can find another, Id much rather purchase linens than rent them for more than what I can but them

Re: Website to purchase linens, rather than buying

• I'm buying my chair covers and table runners from tableclothsfactory.com. I ordered a sample of each a few months ago (I think the total bill with shipping was $20ish) to make sure I liked the color and quality. They shipped quickly and looked great. I'll be ordering all the chair covers and table runners in the next few weeks.
  • aliwis000aliwis000 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2015
    I bought over 30 pintuck table overlays from efavormart.com for a fraction of what it would have cost me to rent them from my florist and less than any other place I found online.

Now I would say that the store I bought from has mixed reviews. They have many different websites/stores that run under different names but are all owned/operated by the same people. It came down on the reviews that if something was wrong getting it fixed was near impossible.

Normally I would probably avoid a store like this but I took a gamble and it turned out great for me. I spent $200 for something my florist wanted $440 to RENT. (Plus a $200 pick up charge at the end of the night.) My thought was "heck, even if I throw them away at the end of the night, I am still WAY ahead." The overlays arrived in good condition and I do not even think I will need to steam them, though I believe this is because of the fabric not the store.

Keep looking online and watch coupons and sales. Good luck!
  • Thank u so much!!
  • Oddly enough - I purchased most of mine (Black & White) from Sam's...  The linen napkins I've gotten some from Sam's, some from a restaurant supply warehouse near here.  The main issue is the logistics of owning them..  I've got mine in Rubbermaid bins the rest of the time but it's a job/expense to get them washed/folded/put away - not going to kid!
  • I got my table covers on Amazon. They had the best price, prime shipping. Love them.
  • A little late here... I bought my chocolate brown tablecloths from www.smartyhadaparty.com.  Even after shipping they ended up being around $8 or 9 per, which is super cheap for the size I got (120" rectangle).  I figure as long as they aren't trashed, I can resell them for half price to make some of it back.  
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards