Not Engaged Yet
Options

WTF Wednesday

My WTF... I went to the dentist yesterday and found out my tooth was worse than I expected. I have an infection so I'm on a high dose of antibiotics for 10 days and I'm having a root canal done today at noon. I cried in the dentist's office when he gave me the news. It's a top, front tooth so it's very visible and I'm nervous. I know root canals aren't terrible (I had one last August), it's just that it's a front tooth :( 

So, after my appointment yesterday, I went home and drowned my sorrows with pepperoni pizza and sweet tea vodka and lemonade. H and I watched the USA kick some German butt and went to bed. 

Like I said, my appointment is at noon so I'm leaving work early for that. I don't know how long I'll be there but then I'll be on my couch with all the kittens and the pup for the rest of the day. I have a text/FT date with @GoldenPenguin to watch last night's episode of PLL later on and then I'll watch Big Brother with her, @hummingbird125, and @buddsymom80

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    @Swazzle I hope everything goes well today with your appointment. I've had my front tooth worked on before and everything will be ok. Definitely just relax the rest of the day and have a milkshake. Sending you all the vibes!

My WTF is that I didn't sleep at all last night. My brain just started going right before I went to bed and I could not fall asleep. I was thinking about Callie and what all we need to do before she gets here and I was trying not to stress myself out but it just kept me up forever. So I'm dragging today and a little on edge.
  • Options
    @Swazzle - Oh No!  What a terrible way to start the month - hopefully it's all the terribleness for the month and everything is uphill from this!

@Southernpeach89 - If you don't already, keep a pen and paper next to the bed so you can write down all your 'to dos' as you have nights like that.  I know it helps me because after I think of everything I go into the 'I just know I'm going to forget all of this in the morning' mode and can't sleep.  Deep breaths - everything that NEEDS to get done will!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - Thank you! I hate those kinds of restless nights. You're going to be such an awesome mom to Baby Callie! 

@Dignity100 - My plan is to leave it crappy dentist appointments behind in my 20s :)

• Options
    @Dignity100 That's a good idea. I usually do that on my phone and I just finished going through my calendar and marking each weekend up until the end of August with all my to-dos so I can let September be my month of "least" to-do's hopefully.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I AM BACK FROM THE DEAD.

Actually, I just had a really nasty viral upper respiratory infection.  But I feel like I'm back from the dead.

@Swazzle - My dad had to get his front tooth completely replaced... long story, he bit into a peach or an apple and the tooth just came out.  You can't tell at all.  And my two front teeth were ruined when I was a wee girl (fell and pushed my baby teeth up my gums and crumbled my forming permanent teeth).  I have to get them fixed every few years (like, 10 or 15) but you can't tell, even if you're looking for it.  Root canals and anything done to your front teeth is scary, but they can make everything look just like your normal teeth.  Good luck!!!

Like I said, I've been sick.  I didn't get out of bed all day Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday.  But we had a good weekend besides that.  We bought a new chair for the living room... it'll come in maybe in 6 weeks?  SO CUTE.  And we weeded the garden.  I need to post a picture... we got 2/3 done, we'll do the rest this weekend.  Some of the weeds were as tall as me.  NO JOKE, I am so ashamed.  And I trimmed back our bushes.  Everyone's gardens and bushes went rogue after the gazillion of inches of rain we got in May.  Anyway, I took like 25,000 steps on Saturday without any exercise.  I think the gardening and bush-trimming was enough exercise.

We got to see Oklahoma! on Friday night.  It was fantastic.  I loved it.  We were in the 3rd row.  And of course, since I live in OK, at the end when they sang the famous OK! song, every single person in the packed auditorium stood and and sang and clapped.  It was such a fun experience.  Oh, and H took me to eat Brazilian food and it was absolutely fabulous.
  • Options
    My WTF is that I forgot until literally midnight that I was supposed to pick up my BCP from the pharmacy and now my whole cycle is gonna be a day later than I am used to (and also BF) because I am an idiot. And he will probably freak and get all worried about if he knocked me up or not next month when I tell him my period won't start on a Saturday like normal so that's gonna be fun lol

@swazzle I have terrible teeth because I was born without enamel and I have a brilliant plan of replacing all my teeth with veneers when I am 40.

@southernpeach89 "to-dos" used to keep me up at night too but then I got one of those weekly planner books and now I write down a rough outline of what my week should look like and I am MUCH less stressed
  • Options
    @Swazzle I hope all goes well at the dentist and that you are home snuggling your babies in no time!

@SouthernPeach89 I hope your able to get some rest! You are going to be an awesome mom to miss Callie!

I have a few WTFs today.

My first is WTF work for getting in my way of Knotting yesterday and not letting me play with the chatty Cathy's!

Second WTF is work again. We have a fiscal year that runs July 1-June 30th. Well this year, because of the leap year, there are 27 biweekly payrolls instead of 26. Since our budget is voted on by the town, we can't pay an extra pay so our yearly income has to be split 27 times instead of 26, resulting in a lower biweekly amount. My boss is also not making any moves on letting people know. I HATE being the payroll girl right about now.. and my bank account is going to hate it too!!!

WTF number three.. It's thundering and lightning right now and I had to have my coworkers close the blinds because I am about to have an anxiety attack from the lightning. I have an irrational fear of getting struck/the building I'm in getting struck and it's making it worse.

Final WTF .. CRAMPS!!! 

I'm an angry elf today..
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @swazzle - T&P for your root canal! :( im such a baby about dental work because ive never had anything other than cleanings and my wisdom teeth removed.

@caseface5 - boo for lower paychecks for the next year

@cocobellaf - glad you are feeling better!

@southernpeach89 - i get nights like that too. ill write things on my phone or if im SUPER lazy i just use the voice recorder and leave myself a memo

my WTF today is the RIDICULOUS rain we are getting today. my commute involves at least 10 minutes of walking so my pants are completely soaked. the other 20 minutes of my commute are on the T, which was incredibly humid because the A/C wasnt working and everyone was soaked and radiating warmth and moisture. so now i am sweaty on top, hair is a frizzy mess, and my pants are soaked. gr.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @Swazzle I know everything will be ok with your tooth! The infection and all the stuff preceding it hurt more than when your tooth is finally fixed and better! It'll be ok! Big hugs!!!

@southernpeach89 I won't give you any organizational advice because you're already more organized than I could ever hope to be. It won't hurt to pull out your planner and your phone and go through your check list just to make sure everything is written down. Usually making or reviewing my list helps my brain to relax a bit.

@CocoBellaF I hope you feel better soon! And yay for your garden flourishing! Ours is doing well too - I even found some cute baby watermelons yesterday! Unfortunately a big branch hit our zucchini plants and I think one of them isn't going to make it. The branch broke all the leaf stalks. :(

My wtf Wednesday is I was up working til 11:30 last night! It was the end of the quarter and I had really high hopes to be done early because all of our contracts got signed....however we were waiting on some final purchase orders to get approved and come through to my company and they didn't show up til after midnight!!!!!!!!!!!!! My upper manager finally said go to bed (she's on the other side of the world so it was morning for her) and she would watch for it. I was soooo thankful, but now I'm tired.

Another wtf - it's the beginning of the quarter which means I should have a few quiet days to catch up on a few things, clean out my inbox, etc. But noooooooooooo I have 4 meetings already scheduled for today and multiple people hounding me about stuff so they can leave for their vacations. I just want to rest for a bit!!!!

• Options
    @labro - I tried watermelons one year, but they never got pollinated.  :(  I want to see a picture of your baby watermelons.  Pumpkins always do well...  I am going to plant some pumpkin seeds this weekend so I'll have them in time for September and October!!!  
  • Options
    Oh, I thought of a WTF:  Some high school aged kids had a random party in the park behind our house at 1:45 this morning.  All of the sudden loud music blasted and kids were yelling and screaming and playing on the swingset (seriously?)  After a while, H called the police and they came out and asked them to go home.  Thankfully, it was uneventful after that.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @CocoBellaF We'll see how it goes. I think H and I need to go buy some straw to keep under them now. Our soil is clay and stays super moist and I'm worried they'll rot if they rest on it too long once they are bigger. That's the main issue we've always had with them. They grow, but then as they get bigger and heavier the underside rots (even with turning) because of all the moisture from the clay. Speaking of pollination, we must have a bee hive nearby! Yesterday morning I walked out to the garden to check it out and there were at least 3 honey bees per flower fighting to get pollen!! I couldn't believe it!

• Options
    @labro - I use straw under the pumpkins, it works well.  I am JEALOUS of your bees.
  • Options
    @cocobellaf - what are those kids thinking? if youre going to drink underage, try not to call attention to yourself. dummies.

@labro - full time jobs are stupid. life goal: my FT job will be cooking, knotting, pinteresting, etc. and then my actual job will be my hobby that i do here and there when i have time/the mood strikes me.
  • Options
    @labro that's exactly what I did this morning. I feel better but I'm still tired and therefore cranky. I want an oreo coffee.
  • Options

@swazzle I'm sorry I hope the dentist goes well today. 

@southernpeach89 I was up late last night too. my brain wouldn't shut down.  It's so annoying.

Anniversary

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @jenjen047 It does suck! In other ways, we're being encouraged to record as many hours as possible....so I guess at least I'll still have worked a ton this week even with the holiday. But yeah, I'd say our goals in life align. :) I'd like for H to make AT LEAST our joint incomes combined so I can be a SAHW.

• Options
    @Swazzle - I'm so sorry.  I hate the dentist too...I avoid going, which I know is terrible.  I also have terrible teeth and dreams of them falling out all the time.  Ugh.  Big hugs.

@southernpeach89 - That sucks that you couldn't sleep.  Hope tonight is better.

@cocobellaf - Ugh, being sick sucks...love the chair though!

@untouchablets - I've missed a pill, it had no impact whatsoever on my cycle and likely won't yours (as far as pregnancy) if that is all you missed.

@labro - I hope it slows down for you soon!  Working till nearly midnight is waaaayyyy too much.

@jejen047 - Ugh, getting soaked sucks.  :(

@caseface5 - Cramps = hell.  Sorry.

-----------------------------------------------

I had more weird dreams last night...fights with my sister in one which I woke up crying from, an abandoned child I adopted in another, really random stuff.

I'm happy for my oatmeal today though...its warm and yummy.  I'm also happy that this week has been so nice work wise and life wise...sunny days, not too stressful at work and good on my fitness/eating.  The work niceness is about to change today though...I got a butt load of work to get through today and tomorrow before the holiday.  Boo.  
  • Options
    @TwoDimes Yum, Hibachi! That sounds great! I think a joint celebration is really cute too. :) 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes Your poor FI! I was definitely falling asleep in my chair last night! I couldn't have made it as late as he did!! So, now that you have remembered his birthday, what are your birthday plans??

ALSO OFFICIALLY ONE MORE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    @Swazzle dentist stuff is never fun! Which reminds me I should find out when my appt is ....

So yesterday I managed to chuck 2 files on the floor {not together, so no papers got confused} and I did a whole crap load of not much except tidy up my desk!
    I'm off today because it's Canada Day, so last night Matt and I had to do some running around for food since we're now going to a BBQ at our friend's place since it's raining.

Yes I got potatoe salad and cupcakes thanks to yesterday's thread {hahaha, I kinda started laughing in the store when I grabbed them - Matt had zero idea since I couldn't explain}

TODAYYYYY I got to sleep in because Matt woke up with the furballs {actually, Angel is more demanding for food}
    I keep thinking of a house we can't buy yet {2-3 yr plan!} and it's bugging me because it's kinda gorgeous and perfect.

Side note: I have been having very intense dreams lately. Last night's involved hanging out with friends on a boat and I was like good friends with Ruby Rose. {uhm ...?}
  • Options
    @twodimes - ONE FREAKING MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also way to go on forgetting FIs bday ;) i also hate "friendly reminders". so passive aggressive.
    labro said:
     I'd like for H to make AT LEAST our joint incomes combined so I can be a SAHW.
    amen to that!!!!

@cu97tiger - stupid garbagemen. i was woken up by birds tweeting loudly on the ledge outside my window at some ungodly hour.

@caseface5 @eilis1228 - cramps begone!

• Options
    I'm heading out for my appointment. 

Talk to everyone tomorrow! 

• Options

@swazzle - I feel for you, poor lady. BF just went through some horrendous tooth infection stuff and a root canal. I hope you heal quickly and easily!

My WTF is that I came to work feeling just fine, but then my coworker brought me some moving boxes that he's done using and I could barely carry them. I hate feeling so weak.

Then I bought breakfast because I'm starving and barely ate anything yesterday. I got through about a quarter of it before my stomach got pissed.

I just want to be back to normal now, please.

• Options
    @Swazzle VIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    My WTF is that I hardly have any time to post here anymore, and that gives me the sads. I do, however, read almost everything. I'M WATCHING YOU.

I have a Dr.'s appt at 2:30 today. I had what I thought were bug bites up and down my right leg, but now they're... changing. So, they probably aren't bug bites but some sort of poison ivy thing or maybe a bad reaction to something, or all of the above. Who knows. My leg itches so much it's hard to focus on anything else, and I've been slathering it with Cortizone cream and taking Benadryl but nothing seems to help too much. It's driving me crazy and I really hope they can prescribe something to take care of it once and for all :-(

Other than that, I'm seriously looking forward to having a three-day weekend, and getting to see a bunch of my favorite people! @Goldenpenguin @Swazzle and @Buddysmom80 - I'm lookin at you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards