June 2016 Weddings
Options

Bridal Shower: How close is too close?

Hello!
I need some thoughts. My wedding is June 18th, 2016 and I'm getting married in my hometown which is a four hour drive from where I currently live. A decent number of my guests will be travelling for the wedding, the bachelorette party, and some for the bridal shower too. Because of this I would like to have my bacheloretty party be the same week as my wedding to make it easier on me and my girlfriends. Now, when my cousin got married she had her bachelorette party on the same day as she had her bridal shower and I really liked how that worked out. She did this maybe a month or so before the wedding though. 
I guess my question is: How close is too close to have a bridal shower to the wedding? 
I don't want to exhaust my family and guests (and myself) with all the events being too close but I want to be as efficient as possible with all of the travelling.

Re: Bridal Shower: How close is too close?

• Options
    I think a month out would be fine.  We had my sister-in-law's bridal shower about a month before the wedding.  I kind of like the idea of having the bridal shower and bachelorette party on the same day and makes sense with the traveling. Depending on how many people are where, you might be able to have a bridal shower in your current town and one at your hometown.  
  • Options
    I'm in a similar situation. Out of my eight bridesmaids only two of them live in the same state. My wedding is June 25th, and my shower/bachelorrette combo weekend is May 21st. My bridal party is arriving Friday, I'm secretly hoping they plan some fun bachelorrette games, but if not we'll just watch movies and hang out, which is 100% fine! My shower is Saturday at 11AM. Then Saturday night is my actual bachelorrette party. Sunday we all have brunch and go our separate ways. Hopefully that sort of timeline helps!

I think it's fine to have a shower anywhere from 1-3 months out, so if you're more comfortable you could do mid-April/early May that way your guests have a longer gap between travel times?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards