• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

What would you do??

Maybe some new Mrs. can help me decide how to handle this dilemma.  Did anyone have criticism on plans/dates from family??  My FI and I live in SC, he's from CA, I'm from MI and I have family in FL, IL, and CT.  So deciding WHERE to have this blessed event was hard enough.  I fell in love w/ this Chapel in CA.  Reception was set to be at my future in-law's house to save money.  And the time we had is a 3 week window due to work/school.  At first I got some criticism from my family b/c they're not travellers and CA is far from MI, but my mom reassured me that who ever could make it, would, and it would be lovely.  

A few months later my MOH (sister) started giving me grief b/c my niece (BM) has HS graduation and finals the week after, my Brother-in-law will just be starting a new job...they're my wedding party... then 90 % of my family refuses to travel by plane, my FI's Best Man said he's unsure if he can make it (Navy), the majority of his friends already said they can't b/c of the Navy, and my best friend informed me two days ago she's pregnant and due the week before my wedding.  Then last night I JUST told my mom the STDs are stamped and ready to go, her reaction was "oh, you already did them, huh?"  "I was thinking that you should change your date b/c it's just bad timing for everyone."  I just broke down crying.  I was the one who wanted a big party to celebrate after the ceremony surrounded by my family and friends and everyone's bailing.  You only get one Wedding Day, am I overreacting??
Should I change my date to a YEAR later, do I elope and regret never having my reception experience, do I have a one-sided Groom's family reception, or do I say "tough, it's my day?"
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards