New Jersey - South
Options

Rustic/Industrial Venue

Hi, everyone,
I'm hoping someone could point us in the right direction. We are having a small ceremony, maybe 15 people, followed by a reception of maybe 50 people on October 4, 2015. The problem is that we need a venue asap. We have been searching for a while now but cannot find anything that we love at a price we can afford.
We would love to find a rustic/industrial space that can fit 50 people open house style...random tables and chairs placed throughout...no formal seating. We want to serve homemade pies, coffee, and tea. We already have tons of vintage china, vintage glassware, and vintage silver.
Every place we find is either $2500 for an empty room, which is very expensive, or requires the use of a specific caterer, which we do not want.
If anyone has any ideas, we would greatly appreciate it! We've contacted area bed and breakfasts, art galleries, and historical homes, but have gotten nowhere.

Re: Rustic/Industrial Venue

• Options

It could be a long shot, but start looking into airbnb or vrbo.com.  You may be able to find a home that is large enough for you to rent.  If you are then upfront with the person renting the house that you want to host a 50 person party at the house, you may find someone willing to allow you to use their property at an affordable price for you.

I cannot think of any spaces like you describe off the top of my head.  Have you tried looking in Philly for an industrial space?  There is a great new apartment building called the Grainery in Philly.  They have open areas that are available to rent for the tenants of the building, maybe you can also rent the area if you are a non-tenant?  The Grainery is a great industrial space located not too far off the Ben Franklin Parkway.

Good luck in your search!

• Options
    Thanks so much!
    A good friend of ours is doing the ceremony, so we really need to stay in NJ. Like you, we found nothing! I have lists and lists that are crossed out. I will definitely look into renting a home. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Hi! I'm sorry for the late reply.... Is Summit too far for you? There is a spa that has a lofted, industrial space. I considered it for my sister's wedding shower. The owners are lovely and would be thrilled to help. It's called Benessere. It really is just a space, though. Check it out: http://www.benesserenj.com/portfolio/testimonials-2/ Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards