Chit Chat
Options

This thread is so gay (TMI)

1235»

Re: This thread is so gay (TMI)

• Options
    doeydo said:

MadHops21 said:

What about doeydo? I thought she kept talking about her wife/fiancee. 

@doeydo has a girlfriend. But ya know, straight people talk about their SOs all the time and it's not a thing.
    Yes she is my girlfriend :smile: TMI warning, but our sex is amazing.

Don't say that! Someone could strangle themselves with all the pearl clutching going on!
  • Options
    Cookie PusherCookie Pusher member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    afox007 said: MadHops21 said: What about doeydo? I thought she kept talking about her wife/fiancee.  @doeydo has a girlfriend. But ya know, straight people talk about their SOs all the time and it's not a thing. Yes she is my girlfriend :smile: TMI warning, but our sex is amazing. Don't say that! Someone could strangle themselves with all the pearl clutching going on! ****Dammit, boxes*****

Wait, is someone going to faint from pearl clutching because I posted a website full of... pussies?
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member

Wow. Did I miss my opportunity to tell my cock ring story? Bummer.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @vulgargirl well, thanks to this thread, I had a scorchingly hot sex dream about a female co-worker (who is admittedly bi IRL, not just my dream).  And yes, we went ALL the way.  And I liked it.

So to answer the original question, looks like I'm on the spectrum.  

Re: TOS, I agree, this policing is arbitrary bullshit.  I've seen PLENTY of gratuitous use of graphic language on other threads, which I thought the TMI label allowed.  I guess that doesn't apply to "same love" threads.  Shame on TK.  I plan to discuss this with my journalist pals at Bloomberg and send them over here to lurk.  
  • Options
    peachy13 said:

lyndausvi said:

Did you miss KnotHolly's response in this thread? It seemed clear to me that it wasn't for using the word pussy. I'll quote it below, JIC. I don't see anywhere that the offending word was pussy. And once again, it's XO's site, they get to do what they want...why is that so hard to understand?

KnotHolly said:
    Hi all,

We have allowed TMI posts in the past, but none of those posts have ever used graphic language to this extent. The original post on this thread was found to be a violation of the TOS as it used this graphic language gratuitously, which is also why other posts on this thread have been flagged and removed. We've received multiple reports from users about this discussion. 

Please note that if these kinds of posts continue on this thread, it will be closed. Please also note that creating other threads in direct response to this one will be grounds for warning, and will also be removed.

Thank you. 

Your ability to be as condescending as possible while simultaneously missing the point is astonishing.

I understand that TK makes the rules. I am protesting those rules. Both their (apparent) nature, AND their confusing enforcement. This is a thing that people do when they are concerned about their community. Sometimes, you try to salvage some part of a place you once enjoyed before you throw the baby out with the bathwater. (Hence the fact that I have not decided to "go down in a blaze of glory"--I'm not so frustrated that I want to give up entirely. Yet.)

You seem to misunderstand the nature and purpose of dissent. For a great example that parallels this community, and our mods' place in it, I encourage you (and anyone else) to read this op-ed by two moderators over at reddit:

But ZOMG maybe they should just find a new place on the internet to be!!!111!!!
    That is an interesting article.  i'm not sure it's completely the same though.

At least here it's only a handful of people who are protesting.  Quite a few who only seem to pop in here when they see a "hot" topic. They come, try to make waves and then disappear until the next hot topic comes around.     

I just do not see XO group bending over backwards to make  a few already married posters who only contribute to hot chit chat posts happy.   Those users are not their target audience. 

I've been here a long time.  I've seen people come and go.  It's just the nature of the board.  
    To the first bold, I didn't mean for it to be "exactly the same." It's just a situation where community members of a forum took their corporate masters to task, and I shared it to illustrate that it's not unheard of to react to perceived bullshit by saying something, rather than "going somewhere else."

To the second: I can't speak for anyone else who used to post more but tends to only chime in when things get hot, but my wedding is a month away. I lurk here all the time now. I'm not popping into every wedding-related thread with questions or advice (which is often covered by the time I find the topics of interest to me) but I'm around. It's not my fault it's been dull as plain oatmeal around CC for the past month or so and the only threads worth participating in are controversial ones.

To the third: This is absolutely true. But I have also seen TK respond to user feedback. The very fact that we even have mods at all today is due to what I am told was a MAJOR shitstorm a few summers back. It's not futile to hope to effect change. If it becomes clear that it's a lost cause and I stop getting anything at all out of being here, I'll join those who have gone. But for now, yeah, I'm going to do my best to stand up for what I think is right, and important. Even if the all-knowing and wise @photokitty thinks it's dumb. That's okay. I think her ideas are dumb, too.

did you all try to go over to the treehouse a few months ago and got shooed away by the regulars over there? where does one go after TK and after TH?
    Haha, I just meant "join" them in the sense that I, too, would stop logging into TK. Like, join the exodus.

I did in fact test the TH waters, but I was not about kissing a certain poster's ass, so I showed myself the door. (I am sure plenty were happy to see me go--it's a public site so anyone who wants to lurk it is welcome to, I guess).
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    Haha, I just meant "join" them in the sense that I, too, would stop logging into TK. Like, join the exodus.

I did in fact test the TH waters, but I was not about kissing a certain poster's ass, so I showed myself the door. (I am sure plenty were happy to see me go--it's a public site so anyone who wants to lurk it is welcome to, I guess).
    This may be a silly question, but where can I find TH?  I looked for it but have no idea how to find it.  
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    edited July 2015

This may be a silly question, but where can I find TH?  I looked for it but have no idea how to find it.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    Cant edit my previous post. TH is part of the proboards.com
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2015
  • Options
    I'm just here because no one has mentioned pegging yet. We're straight, but a lot of people think pegging is gay.

Margaret Cho was right, to quote her "if you ever use a strap on on a guy, you better make sure he's the one because he will NEVER LEAVE YOU "

It also helped me discover that not only do I enjoy being dominant, I'm pretty good at it.

• Options
    KatWAG said:

Wow. Did I miss my opportunity to tell my cock ring story? Bummer.

No. Tell it. Inquiring minds want to know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    XXXplicit said:

I'm on TH.
    Fair warning that you best introduce yourself and not just lurk around; people will want to know who you are and size you up.
    Thanks, good to know.  Thanks @Katwag, I may check it out.  A little slammed at work today :( 
  • Options
    Are you meaning to say this seems like a lot of work for something I don't care about? If that's what you're trying to say... idk, I mean it really wasn't any work... I lurked over at TH maybe a few days after the whole kerfuffle went down and saw many people were posting over there. I lurked again a week or two later because nothing was happening over here and I was looking for something to read, so I read a few threads over there. I went back a week or two later to read threads once again and happened to see some of the regs over there making comments about how all the people who had come over from TK were obsessed with drama, so that caused me to look around and see if something had gone down, at which point I noticed lots of TK people who had moved over there were not participating anymore. Simple enough.

And to answer your second question, no I did not like Ashley and I did think she made it unpleasant to be around here. 

Anyway, so what happened over there anyway??

ETA: BTW I also said that to her directly before she was gone, I wasn't like coming out of the woodwork after she left.
    Hello dear! 
    I am sure you are feeling a little guilty because you want to know where Ashley went, but also said bad things about her once she was gone and couldn't speak up. I just wanted to say that its ok! and as I'm sure you can tell these other posters are mocking you, but I had the same questions!

I asked knotholly and knot riley though, and they told me that Ashley was very happy- she is on a farm now where there is lot more room to run around, and she has a lot of friends there like lolo and beethery. I did ask if I could visit but was told that would be confusing for her, but she does send me letters sometimes! They do look a lot like knot rileys handwriting but that's just one of those weird life coincidences I suppose. 

Anyway, I think its natural to wonder where all the funny people went, so don't feel bad for asking or for going around to other websites looking for them! 

Bunnies & sugar cookies, 

Mrs. Frances 
    Lol, sorry I asked! I mean y'all can tell yourselves I'm making this huge effort to follow around whoever left or whatever you want. Think I pretty explicitly explained I was just wanting to know if there was some sort of drama with them moving on from TH, which someone else (forget who) explained wasn't really the case and they just moved on because it wasn't a good fit, and I'm satisfied with that. Can a girl be a little curious about these things?

Anyway, I have no desire to know where they are now, though chances are if someone posted a link I would lurk it two or three times just like I did with TH. But for the record, I really liked many of the posters who left so I don't think that's crazy. I've said it once and I'll say it again- the only person I ever had a problem with was Ashley and she knew it. And sorry not sorry, still glad she's gone but sorry you're still upset about it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing! My apologies for derailing the thread, I really was just curious.
  • Options
    ....I'm pretty sure I posted a link to the Cock of Science, after a rather detailed description, and that wasn't a TOU violation.

....And I mean, at least all the pussy talk in this thread was about consenting adults, and not...well, kinky cats. No offense furries, but that shit definitely needs a TMI warning.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Are you meaning to say this seems like a lot of work for something I don't care about? If that's what you're trying to say... idk, I mean it really wasn't any work... I lurked over at TH maybe a few days after the whole kerfuffle went down and saw many people were posting over there. I lurked again a week or two later because nothing was happening over here and I was looking for something to read, so I read a few threads over there. I went back a week or two later to read threads once again and happened to see some of the regs over there making comments about how all the people who had come over from TK were obsessed with drama, so that caused me to look around and see if something had gone down, at which point I noticed lots of TK people who had moved over there were not participating anymore. Simple enough.

And to answer your second question, no I did not like Ashley and I did think she made it unpleasant to be around here. 

Anyway, so what happened over there anyway??

ETA: BTW I also said that to her directly before she was gone, I wasn't like coming out of the woodwork after she left.
    Hello dear! 
    I am sure you are feeling a little guilty because you want to know where Ashley went, but also said bad things about her once she was gone and couldn't speak up. I just wanted to say that its ok! and as I'm sure you can tell these other posters are mocking you, but I had the same questions!

I asked knotholly and knot riley though, and they told me that Ashley was very happy- she is on a farm now where there is lot more room to run around, and she has a lot of friends there like lolo and beethery. I did ask if I could visit but was told that would be confusing for her, but she does send me letters sometimes! They do look a lot like knot rileys handwriting but that's just one of those weird life coincidences I suppose. 

Anyway, I think its natural to wonder where all the funny people went, so don't feel bad for asking or for going around to other websites looking for them! 

Bunnies & sugar cookies, 

Mrs. Frances 
    Lol, sorry I asked! I mean y'all can tell yourselves I'm making this huge effort to follow around whoever left or whatever you want. Think I pretty explicitly explained I was just wanting to know if there was some sort of drama with them moving on from TH, which someone else (forget who) explained wasn't really the case and they just moved on because it wasn't a good fit, and I'm satisfied with that. Can a girl be a little curious about these things?

Anyway, I have no desire to know where they are now, though chances are if someone posted a link I would lurk it two or three times just like I did with TH. But for the record, I really liked many of the posters who left so I don't think that's crazy. I've said it once and I'll say it again- the only person I ever had a problem with was Ashley and she knew it. And sorry not sorry, still glad she's gone but sorry you're still upset about it.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programing! My apologies for derailing the thread, I really was just curious.
    Who left other than Ashley and lolo? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards