Wedding Reception Forum

heavy apps reception questions

DarthV8rDarthV8r member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited July 2015 in Wedding Reception Forum
I am not digging the lunch menu at my first choice of venue however I like the heavy apps menu. What time of day is OK for this? And how long should our reception be? Is it OK to do heavy apps with hosted bar and then have a non hosted after party for those who want to bar hop? Jic menu is Cheese, crackers, bread, Vegetables with dip, fruit display, Baked Brie with apricots, Sliders, Coconut shrimp, and chicken satay. And of coarse cake.

Re: heavy apps reception questions

• That is not heavy enough apps to constitute a meal.  I am actually surprised that they call those heavy apps.  I mean maybe the sliders are the only option that I would consider heavy.

For what you have listed I would do a 2-5pm wedding.  Or an 8-11pm wedding.  So basically anytime that is not around a meal time.

• DarthV8rDarthV8r member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    @Maggie0829 and their luncheon buffet is a weird menu. It is potatoe salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, choice of soup and green salad.
  • That is weird.  So their only offering for lunch is soup and salad?  I mean, yeah that would constitute a lunch but for a wedding at lunch time I would expect something a bit heartier, you know?

After know what they offer for lunch I definitely prefer your app selection.  Would you be cool with a 2-5pm wedding?  Then you could spread the word that at Xpm you will be at Y bar if anyone wishes to join you.  This way people have time to grab some dinner if they feel like it (same with you) before heading out for drinks.

• That is weird.  So their only offering for lunch is soup and salad?  I mean, yeah that would constitute a lunch but for a wedding at lunch time I would expect something a bit heartier, you know?

After know what they offer for lunch I definitely prefer your app selection.  Would you be cool with a 2-5pm wedding?  Then you could spread the word that at Xpm you will be at Y bar if anyone wishes to join you.  This way people have time to grab some dinner if they feel like it (same with you) before heading out for drinks.
    I am good with it. I will see if I can negotiate a different lunch menu first. If not my ceremony will start at 2. Thanks for the help.

• You're welcome!  Hopefully they will work with you on the lunch options.

• Agree with PP.

As to your second question, if you don't want to host the after-party, just don't formally invite people. Spread it by word of mouth that you'll be heading down to X after the reception to bar hop, if anyone wants to join you. 
  • This venue just doesn't sound very good.
  • This venue just doesn't sound very good. </blockquote The food doesn't for lunch and apps, but the dinner looks good. Unfortunately it's $78.00 per person. So I'm weighing my options. Also, I am still waiting for a reply back from when i asked about other options for lunch. I love the location of the hotel and the hotel has Victorian era decor. It's my first choice of venue since the other two I visited were underwhelming.

• You are doing the right thing!  I wish more Knotties would be so flexible and plan their receptions around their guests' comfort, and not just insist on their dream reception.  Good planning on your part!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • That is so great to hear!  I am glad that your venue was able to work with you to give you a great option for your reception.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards