Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Addressed STD with the wrong name

I am trying to make my list for the calligrapher to address my wedding invitations, and decided to cross reference my list with the labels I made for the Save the Dates (that way I KNOW that everyone who got an STD will get an invite). 
I JUST realized, months after my STDs went out, that I addressed one incorrectly. The person goes by a nickname that is completely unrelated to his real name, and I wrote the completely wrong legal name! I am mortified and am not sure how to recover. No one has said anything in my family about it, but I am still unsure how to proceed. Do I just address invite correctly like nothing happened? Do I apologize? Help please!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Addressed STD with the wrong name

• Options
    Did you write Steve instead of John? Or Steve instead of "Buck"? Just call him and apologize and you can share a laugh about it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Steve instead of John! Am I overreacting? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How on earth did that even happen? I still say call and apologize and hopefully get a laugh over it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I am trying to make my list for the calligrapher to address my wedding invitations, and decided to cross reference my list with the labels I made for the Save the Dates (that way I KNOW that everyone who got an STD will get an invite). 
    I JUST realized, months after my STDs went out, that I addressed one incorrectly. The person goes by a nickname that is completely unrelated to his real name, and I wrote the completely wrong legal name! I am mortified and am not sure how to recover. No one has said anything in my family about it, but I am still unsure how to proceed. Do I just address invite correctly like nothing happened? Do I apologize? Help please!
    Don't worry about it.  You had a brain fart, was looking at too many different name and addresses in one day, and you used to work with a Steve Smith, so it just slipped off the pen.  Fix it with the invitation and forget it.
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    Don't stress over it.  I am one of those people.  I answer to both names - my legal one and my nickname, which Mom insisted was my "real name" because that is what she wanted to believe.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    Don't stress over it.  I am one of those people.  I answer to both names - my legal one and my nickname, which Mom insisted was my "real name" because that is what she wanted to believe.
    How is that the same thing?  She said that his nickname is unrelated to his legal name, and she wrote the wrong legal name (presumably a legal name that sounds like it would go with the nickname).

• Options
    My nickname (which I thought was my legal name for many years) is unrelated to my legal name, too.  I get misspelled all the time.  I don't take it personally.  I know it is confusing.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    My nickname (which I thought was my legal name for many years) is unrelated to my legal name, too.  I get misspelled all the time.  I don't take it personally.  I know it is confusing.
    Ah, got it.  My aunt Sally didn't know until she was an adult that her legal name was Sarah.

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2015
    It's actually worse than that.  You have seen me post about my crazy mother.  She wanted me to have a "cute" name for when I went on the stage.  Dad wanted to name me after his father, which was a normal sounding name.  There is no connection between the two names.  Poor Dad just tried to keep the peace, and he died when I was 15,  My birth certificate has the names crossed out.  Dad must have got it last and mailed it in.
    Mother also legally changed her own name to be more "cute".  Ugh!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards