Attire & Accessories Forum

Picking Jewelry Might Kill Me...

I'm having the hardest time picking jewelry to go with my dress. I'm wearing my great grandmother's necklace, that my mom wore when she got married, but past that, I'm stuck. I'll attach pics of the necklace I'll be wearing, as well as my dress (in the dress photo, I'm wearing the necklace as well), and some of the potentials I've found. For reference purposes, I'm getting married in April, in a garden with a gazebo, and my colors are pink, silver, and ivory, with lace and pearls being prevalent in the decor. Sorry about attaching so many pictures, this is just driving me crazy. 

Let me know what you all think of what I've got so far, or if you have any other ideas for bracelets & earrings. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Picking Jewelry Might Kill Me...

• I'm finding jewelry to be one of the hardest decisions as well. I forsee making a similar thread in the next few weeks.

I like the second and last pair of earrings best! It compliments the necklace well. Are you dead set on a bracelet? I think adding a bracelet would be a little too "much", if you know what I mean?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:
    I'm finding jewelry to be one of the hardest decisions as well. I forsee making a similar thread in the next few weeks. I like the second and last pair of earrings best! It compliments the necklace well. Are you dead set on a bracelet? I think adding a bracelet would be a little too "much", if you know what I mean?
    Thanks! I know what you mean about the bracelet. I think I just felt like I had to have the necklace/earring/bracelet trifecta to have a complete look, but you may just be on to something with the less is more approach.  With the second pair of earrings, do you think it would be ok to have the silver base, or would it look better in gold to match the necklace? 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • The last ones!  They really compliment the necklace, and they are classically simple!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I like the last two pairs of earrings.
  • Oh, you're so lucky to have such a special necklace to wear! I can't tell from the photo what type of metal the necklace is, but I'd choose earrings in the same shade of metal. I agree with the PPs that the earrings with the teardrop pearls are nice - they will compliment the style of the necklace well! The necklace is quite delicate, so I wouldn't go with anything to large/bold as they will detract from it (I can't tell how big those earrings are based on the photos). Agree that the bracelet isn't necessary.
  • I totally know how you feel, I am having a hard time on deciding too. I love the last pair of earrings, they are beautiful!
  • IMO the pearl drop earrings (any of those choices) would go together very well with the necklace. They'd coordinate nicely.

I'm generally at a loss when it comes to jewelry and wedding dresses though. Are there any "rules of thumb" when it comes to matching jewelry with a wedding dress?  Just to give you an example of what I mean: a very open neckline kind of begs for a nice necklace. But do heavier necklaces, earrings, etc. go better with some silhouettes and some necklines? Do some dress styles call for daintier jewelry choices? Just wondering what the common wisdom is on this topic.
  • I also like the second to last pair of drop earrings, as they look best with the necklace and won't date themselves in pictures.
  • edited July 2015
    I like the last 2 pairs of earrings. I personally don't think you need a bracelet- that belt, necklace, and eariings would be enough.

Didn't Coco Chanel say to remove one accessory before you leave the house...?

Less is more.

Edited b/c WTF with auto-correct and earrings...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards