Not Engaged Yet
Options

Melancholy Monday

Re: Melancholy Monday

• Options
    edited July 2015
    @jenna8984 No lease- we had a 1 year lease when we first started renting and after that he never sent us a new one. We've been there over 3 years. We were hoping the no lease thing would be to our benefit since then we could leave whenever we wanted. I didn't see this coming.
    I don't have much hope for the new buyer to let us stay because we live in a triple decker and most in our neighborhood are being turned in to condos. So pretty sure we're going to have to GTFO.

@TwoDimes our contract was VERY vague- no details :(  Obviously to his benefit. Once I got the pics back I was going to ask for a discount because I don't think I should be paying the price he charges for the assistants. I was waiting to ask until I got the pics back- I'm afraid of him retaliating.

edited because my post got cut off

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @TwoDimes Nope, never ever again lol! Not for all the money. Maybe if you promised me that I would have the body of an Amazon goddess when I was done though. That'd be ok. I already have a great racerback tan. ;) PS Your shoes are gorgeous!!!

@peaseblossom55 OMG another NEY baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    @labro - I said something and kind of got made fun of by some other women.  Part of it is on me (word vomit).  I'll get over it.  I know that I'm a sensitive type so I just have toughen up a bit.  Also, I LOVE your backyard.  It's beautiful!!  I can imagine spending a lot of time out there in the evenings when it's warm.

• Options
    Is there anything making you melancholy this morning?
    That I spent the last ten months thinking about Taylow Swift concerts and as of Saturday I have nothing to look forward to for AT LEAST TWO YEARS

What movie could you watch over and over again?
    Dirty dancing, Grease, Lilo and Stitch

What song cheers you up as soon as you hear it?
    Hey Soul Sister by Train EVERY TIME

@TwoDimes my BF would have been cursed out by day 3, I applaud you on your composure.

For all you melancholy ladies, was woken up too early by my friends electrician this morning (I spent the night with her dogs while shes out of town) and I was wearing one of those tank tops with the sides cut out and I may or may not have barely escaped a nip slip.

Omg this weekend was awesome. The concert was FANTASTIC and even though I was seated all the way in the top row, I had my seats directly facing the stage so I had an amazing view. Before the show we all got bracelets that lit up to become a part of the shoe so I could see everything. And the vibe was totally different from the last one I went to. So fun!! Now I'm in withdrawal.

Yesterday I spent all day with BF! We never do that, so it was super nice. We pre-shopped for my new tv because I wasn't sure what size I wanted and so I figured that out, then we hung out watching tv and snuggling until dinner time :)

Today is a usual work day, nothing special lol.
  • Options
    @labro your yard looks awesome!! 

• Options
    @LaBro Your yard looks great!! We have an area in the front yard that we spent the time and money to mulch last year, and one week after it was covered in the pine needles from the trees above and it looked so shitty. We have vowed to never do it again which sucks because it looked so nice!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @labro your yard is AMAZING!!! i cant take any time off work and FI works Saturdays. :( we are seeing 1 venue at lunch today, 1 at 5:30 tonight, and 1 at lunch on Thursday. 
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    @caseface5 We had all the pine trees cut down bahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

@jenjen047 That sucks you don't have time off but I'm glad you were still able to make arrangements!

• Options
    @Swazzle - I love all of it equally.  What a hard decision (to keep or not to keep??)!!!
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - If H and I weren't trying to go easy on our spending, I would keep it all (after the styling fee that I already paid, a credit for referring people, and the buy-5 discount it would come to $154). I'm leaning towards keeping both dresses. 

• Options
    @speakeasy14 This was our last one. The regular season starts Aug 1st. We had about 10ish girls come to the last one we had in June, this time we had 4. It's so disappointing. It was a waste of a day, that I have to volunteer for.

@Swazzle I got mine too! I will take pics tonight. I liked it all, I just know some doesn't fit, and the necklace they sent it way too much. I might keep 2 shirts.
    friends tv show funy
  • Options

@TwoDimes - I love your wedding shoes! I'm sorry to hear about your cousin not being able to make it, that is really a bummer.

@Swazzle - Your pre-birthday weekend sounds awesome :)

@lavenderfields13 - *hugs* That all sounds stressful! I think you need a big glass of wine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend was exhausting with my mom, brother, and his girlfriend visiting. We did baseball games on Thursday/Friday and the zoo on Saturday. And Sunday I drove them to the airport at 5 am and went home and just slept and laid around all day because I was so damn tired. My mom is freaking out that we haven't picked a date yet but it's been like 1 week. We haven't decided on a budget, started thinking about a guest list, I hadn't even googled possible venues so I don't know how she thinks I was going to pick a date this weekend.  I told her late June, early July is what we'd be aiming for but she wanted me to be more specific I guess but at this point that's all I've got for her. Even BF's parents were asking what her obsession with a date was.

Is there anything making you melancholy this morning? I still haven't heard back from the teaching job I applied to in June and I'm kind of thinking I'm not going to. I suppose I still could but I'd be surprised.

What movie could you watch over and over again? Ever After, Pitch Perfect, Easy A, About Time, All the Harry Potter movies.

What song cheers you up as soon as you hear it? I'm drawing a complete blank on this right now.

• Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    Morning ladies!

@swazzle - So jealous of all the fun you guys had this weekend.  That cake looks amazing too...as do your eyebrows (as always).  :)

@cu97tiger - Whooo hoo, looking good lady.  Sorry about crossfit though.  I hate when I forget a sports bra.

@peaseblossom55 - So excited for you!!!!  

@twodimes - Ummm, I'd be pissed as well.  I hope it doesn't turn into an argument for you two but 5 days away with one text is not cool.  Hugs.

@cocobellaf - Love the comfy chair!

@hummingbird125 - Fingers crossed for the engine light being an easy fix.

@caseface5 - Your posts about HP inspired me to re-read them.  Man they fly once you start!

@jenjen047 - Also jealous of your GTG!  So fun!

@lavenderfields13 - Ummm, WTF.  I'd be pissed at your photographer as well.

@jenna8984 -All the vibes that you get in the house soon!

@labro - Ummm, your yard looks amazing!  Like something out of a magazine. 

@speakeasy14 - I know what you mean about needing your space.  H and I lived with my mom for a few months while we were house hunting and while she was amazing (as always) you just need your space.

@untouchablets - Any pics from the concert?

@eilis1228 - Does cheese usually do that for you?  A vintage RR sounds awesome!  

------------------------------------------------
    You ladies are chatty this morning!   I had the inspector from hell come through on Friday though and he gave me a list of like 20 things that need to be fixed (again).  A lot of them are new issues (that aren't new issues...they were there before and he is just noticing them now).  This is the shit I'm talking about.  One of the issues is potentially huge.  The basement bathroom we built he is saying has to be on a different electric panel.  He didn't notice this before in the rough inspection even though that was the time to notice any electrical issues and he should have.  We have no room in our electrical box (we are maxed out) and to add a panel might mean significant bucks (in the tune of anywhere from $2,000-$6,000).  I'm beyond pissed and told him so.  I'm hoping my electrician can work some magic but told him, if not, they bear some responsibility for not inspecting properly when they were supposed to (we would have scrapped the bathroom downstairs entirely if we knew the electrical was going to be an issue). This house is turning into a money pit.

Sunday was great though guys.  H and I went for a 7-8 mile walk, got coffee, had drinks, grilled out and enjoyed the sunshine.  Wish it was still Sunday.   

----------------------------------------------
    Is there anything making you melancholy this morning?
    -That it isn't Sunday and I'm not home snuggling with H on his day off.  Also, thought about not adding this but I got a super faint squint-worthy line (but no real color in it) on a pregnancy test this weekend but it turns out it was just a weird test/indent line.  I was excited then bummed.  AF is due this week and I gained my typical 3lb water weight in anticipation of her arrival.  

-Dirty dancing and Medicine Man

-Happy :)

• Options
    @Eilis1228 I was just telling BF that I wanted to watch Kingsman again last night. I really liked that movie too! Hope your tummy feels better!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @minskat30 OMG I want to punch that inspector in the gonads. Wow. How could he just now notice something like that? UGH. I'm so sorry! *hugs* I ate some broccoli cheese soup last night, and my stomach can be really sensitive to dairy, especially if I haven't had probiotics that day. Sometimes I forget about it and get a little too cocky, and my stomach has to remind me that dairy is not always our friend. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    thanks @bethsmiles! I don't drink wine so I think I'll do vodka instead haha

• Options
    labrolabro member
    edited July 2015
    @minskat30 Ugh I am SO sorry about your inspection! Electrical work is so complicated and frustrating and your inspector sounds like an ass!

@eilis1228 So glad you were able to book a vintage RR! You will love it!!! Did it come with any special perks? Like champagne or a red carpet or anything?

ETA: Also I'm totally blushing over both your comments that my backyard looks like a magazine! You are both so sweet! I'd love for it to truly look that way! I'm always drooling over the gardens in Southern Living and I can only hope that my yard even somewhat resembles them!

• Options

@miskat30 - Is there anyone you can complain to about this? I'd be so pissed at this point. Clearly he isn't doing his job well if he misses things in every inspection and then finds them in the next one. It's a waste of everyone's time.

• Options
    Ugghh @minskat30 that is so frustrating! I'd also want to punch your inspector. 

• Options
    Oh forgot to answer the questions:
    Is there anything making you melancholy this morning? Not being in my house yet.  As I already mentioned, I'm grateful for a place to stay, but I need out.  I walk on eggshells at my bf's parents house.  I'm only there really to sleep, but just feel awkward all the time.

Mean Girls, Dirty Dancing, Coyote Ugly, Big Daddy, Happy Gilmore, Step Brothers

You & Me by DMB
    Play it Again by Luke Bryan
    Animals by Martin Garrix
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  @bethsmiles - I've already gone over his head to his boss (and his boss' boss) once on a fence issue (we got a special permit for it and the boss' boss was actually irritated at him for making the whole thing such a big deal).  If I have to go over his head again I will but he already hates us because I've done it once already.  At this point, I feel like he's doing this on purpose...sigh.  
  • Options
    Thanks @TwoDimes - I'm glad I didn't tell H until after I retested a few times this weekend...we talked about it on our walk on Sunday.  I was actually really happy (like happy tears) to finally see something on a test so I think I saw color in my mind where there was none.  H is so great about these things though, so reassuring and kind...seriously I got a keeper.  
  • Options
    @minskat30 - WTF about that inspector?! That is so beyond frustrating and not ok!

• Options
    @eilis1228 - I'm just cutting out artificial sugar for now (coke and chocolate/sweets, basically).

@minskat30 - Oh, I did crossfit, it was my regular bra for work that I forgot. I usually get ready there, but had to come home. After I got home, I realized I had also forgotten underwear. Wow. Also, evap lines are the worst. Sorry you got one that messed with your head :(

@swazzle - Your birthday cake looks delicious. I like the two dresses and the clutch, for sure!

@labro - Your yard DOES look like something out of a magazine. How did you decide to clear the trees and add more lawn? It looks SO GOOD.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards