Wedding Woes
Options

Cute baby can SEE!!!

This was cute.  I've always kind of pooh-pooh'd getting such young babies glasses, but this has changed my mind.  Plus, I started thinking about it and how AWESOME it was to see when I first put my glasses on at 5 or 6.  Why not earlier?  

The comments are funny too, b/c it's people remembering what putting glasses on was like.  I was laughing b/c I remember the tree thing too.  Wow, THAT'S what leaves look like!  Not like trees in books do!

Re: Cute baby can SEE!!!

• Options
    I loved at first when her mom was pulling them down over her eyes, she was all shaking her head like, "What the shit, mom?!" and then it was an immediate change once she could see.  Too cute. 
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Buffy's understandng on thngs like letters and numbers TOOK OFF once she got her glasses.  She wasn't behind before, but at 2 she wasn't aware of what she was missing until she had 'em.

(there's some argument to making prescriptions 'to weak' for wee kiddos, to make them have to exercise their eyes more and decrease dependence, but the reverse argument is that developmental stuff is to important for wee kiddos--which kinda makes sense--so much important stuff to learn for tiny kiddos)
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    This was cute.  I've always kind of pooh-pooh'd getting such young babies glasses, but this has changed my mind.  Plus, I started thinking about it and how AWESOME it was to see when I first put my glasses on at 5 or 6.  Why not earlier?  

The comments are funny too, b/c it's people remembering what putting glasses on was like.  I was laughing b/c I remember the tree thing too.  Wow, THAT'S what leaves look like!  Not like trees in books do!

OMG!  That is exactly what I said the first time I put on glasses at age 8.  I thought everybody saw green blurs instead of leaves.  It even affected my art at school.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards