Wedding Party

More questions on bridal party gifts....

1) I just found out that my BMs are planning what I assume is a bachelorette next week, 2 days before the wedding. Should this get a separate gift just like the shower? 

2) I assume that the "big" gifts for the BMs should be significantly larger/more expensive than what I gave each of them for the shower? 

I am kind of at a loss. My MOH is my sister, she's easy to shop for, but I'm still learning FSIL's preferences (FI swears she has returned every gift he's ever gotten her and is no help) and my other BM and I are good friends but haven't exchanged birthday gifts since college (and then they were smaller and inside joke-y, which I'm guessing isn't appropriate here).

Re: More questions on bridal party gifts....

• 1) No you do not have to get them gifts for throwing you a bach party.  A nice thank you note will suffice.  Unlike what it seems, gifts are not necessary for everything.  As long as you thank the hosts appropriately, that is all that matters.

2) The gifts you get them as BM gifts should be of a budget that you are comfortable with.  Don't compare them to any other gift.

As for what you get them, just make sure the gifts reflect their interests.  For your FSIL I would maybe talk to your FMIL to get a better idea of what she may like.  For your BM just think about her hobbies and interests and buy accordingly.

• 1) No, you don't need to buy them a gift for throwing your bach. You can if you want, but it's not expected.

2) Just spend whatever you're comfortable spending. It doesn't have to be some big extravagant gift. And it doesn't need to be bigger/smaller than the shower hostess gift. It's really just what you want to buy that's within your budget.
    *********************************************************************************

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    It's a nice sentiment, but you don't have to give a gift for each party thrown in your honor.  A heartfelt thank you card is enough.  If you do want to give a gift, perhaps for your FSIL and BM you could zero in on their favorites and make little gift baskets or bags- favorite bottle of wine, gift card to their favorite store or restaurant, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards